Spyware Blaster Query--Re Registry

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by cyberlost24, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberlost24

cyberlost24 Registered Member

Hello,New to forum and just finding my way.Great site and great products.I have been using Spyware Blaster for some time now,and never a problem or glitch(Win98se).I was doing some registry cleaning recently (jv16pt) and came across 14 entries of CoolWebSearch------Not CLSID entries,but entries with coolwebsearch tagged on after HKEY\CU\SW|MS|CU|IS|zonemap\domains.--
    Iwas wondering if Spyware blaster made those entries in my registry,or whether I should delete them ASAP!!
    Also have installed CWShredder.exe
    Thank you for your time and advice.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

SpywareBlaster does not write to that specific key. That area is the IE security zone settings and entries there can be either good or bad depending upon the specific values set.

In the image below you'll see some entries I have related to cool web search similar names. The value (as seen in the right panel of regedit) of '4' means the site is in the IE Restricted zone, and is therefore a good thing to have protection-wise. Any other zone value would be a sign of a problem. You should step through each to ensure each is set to '4'.

In my case most of these came from IE-SpyAd, a separate product that specifically protects by adding a long list of adware and spyware sites to the restricted zone. Do you have that installed?

Attached Files:

3. cyberlost24

Thank you very much for your great advice! Yes I do have IE-Spyad installed.
    Will check those entries of mine in Regedit.
    Cheers!!

4. cyberlost24

HELLO.LowWaterMark,
    ALL perfect---4,ssss.Now I can relax a bit,got my self worked-up quite a bit when I saw those entries in registry.
    Have a great Day!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.