Spyware Blaster not honering default browser

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Odzihozo, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odzihozo

Odzihozo Registered Member

I've never used the help files in Spyware Blaster (never needed to in four years of use). For a moment, I needed to find their home page so I looked in help. Found the link no problem, but boy was I disappointed to see that SB does not honer my default (FireFox) browser!:mad:

Not cool, SB. Not cool. I do not like Internet Explorer being used on my computer unless I launch it!

(I would disable access to IE, but there are a few Active X support sites I use that only work in it, and yes, I have complained to them).

C'mon guys, a company with values like yours ought to honer my FireFox!:cautious:

2. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Why,as you get it for free?

3. Odzihozo

What does that have to do with my point? Firefox is free too. So what?:rolleyes:

Putting links in their help file that do not honor my settings, and instead open an inferior browser seems to me, not what SB is all about. o_O

I.E. is an inferior browser susceptible to the very types of threats Blaster is dedicated to fighting.

It's disappointing to me that their links don't open my default browser which is a higher quality product, and far more secure than I.E.

By the way...

It's awfully presumptuous of you to assume that I don't pay for Blaster. Maybe you never noticed the donation link in the software, but I have.;)

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Unfortunately, the help file format we use (which is a standard Windows help file format) renders the pages using the IE engine, which is why any external links on those pages open in IE.

I will certainly investigate other options for the help files, but I don't know of any way to easily work around that particular issue with the current help file format.

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Odzihozo

Well, it's good to hear you feel it's unfortunate at least and are considering making a change. My complaint is a bit tongue in cheek anyway. Though it is true I was a bit disappointed.

This is all just fallout from extreme disappointment with Microsoft lately. We have a new computer with Vista. Need I say more? Can't get the stupid thing to print through my network, though it is supposed to work. I love Spyware Blaster, and have relied on it for almost five years now. As for I.E. I am dreaming of the day it can be permanently removed from every computer I own. I so hate seeing it open on my screen!:p

I couldn't resist the opportunity to poke at you guys for it!

6. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

By the way,I presume nothing.You may or may not have donated but the software program is still free either way.

7. Odzihozo

Right, I realize that, but I fail to see your point. Are you saying that because it is free, that I don't have a right to voice my opinion?

Or are you saying I shouldn't complain because it free?

Either way, I have a right to voice my opinion, and if you took what I said as a complaint, I'm sorry you saw it that way. It was only an observation. I like to have a little influence on my environment. When no one says anything, nothing changes. I'd like to see a few things change now and then, and voicing my opinion is how I do it when it is something I cannot change myself.

If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. No?

8. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

What I am saying is it is free.Use it if you like it or do not is you don't.To ask it be taylor made to your setup is a bit much however you cut it.Just my take as you have your's.

9. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

Sounds like more of a complaint than an observation, no?

10. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

O.K. guys, the OP's point has been made and a suitable reply received. I'll therefore close this thread before it drifts further OT.

Regards

Menorcaman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.