Spyware Blaster not finding FireFox

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by WyleySam, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WyleySam

WyleySam Registered Member

All of a sudden Spyware Blaster 4.4 is not finding FireFox 3.6.20 installed in D:\Program Files\BROWSERS\FireFox3.

Please do not suggest that I upgrade FireFox. I despise the new interface and will never upgrade to it!!!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

SpywareBlaster still supports Firefox 3.x. No need to worry about upgrading because of that yet. :) (There will, however, be a time when Mozilla no longer provides security updates for Firefox 3.6.)

What version of Windows are you running? Also, have you made any changes to your Windows user account / Firefox configuration lately?

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

Hi Sam,

I use Firefox 3.6.20 and endorse your comments about NOT upgrading - neither will I for the same reasons. I also have SWB 4.4.

Can you explain more clearly your problem with SWB ? How can you tell it is not finding FF ?

John

4. WyleySam

I am using an WinXP R3 (I do not have the same problem on my Win7 PC) and FireFox is installed at D:\Program Files\BROWSERS\FireFox3.

When I open SWB it says Mozilla Firefox: Not Detected Click here for information....

When I click more information I get the following message:

Mozilla Firefox not detected.
    No Mozilla Firefox user profiles were detected on this account.
    Mozilla Firefox is a popular web browser. If you do not have it installed, this protection offers no
    benefit.

Yet I do have a FireFox profile at C:\Documents and Settings\NeilSwartz\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ytfkfz3x.default and I have no problem running FireFox

5. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

Thank you Sam,
    I have Windows XP 2002 Home with SP3.On auto-update.

Cannot understand this at all, but I do hope some of our geeks spot the thread and come in with an answer. They normally do.

My SWB looks like this :-
    SWB.JPG

Hopefully somebody will respond.
    John

6. WyleySam

John Bull

That's the way mine looked 2 weeks ago!

7. WyleySam

This morning when I opened up SpyWare Blaster it was recognizing FireFox. I have no idea what is going on, but it seems to be working now.

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

9. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for keeping us updated, and glad to hear it's working again! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

10. Xmetalfanx

Xmetalfanx Registered Member

As I have posted before, I just recently upgrade to SWB 4.5 (I admit I had 4.4, but with the rapid release cycle of Firefox, I have not been keeping track of "what version" of Firefox, SWB "stopped detecting"....

On Firefox 8.01 at the time I am typing this ... I may go mess with my proifiles via the profile manager of Firefox and see if that makes a difference. I am not sure if still have one named "Default" and think that MAY BE the cause.

Cheers to Javacool for making a great program I have used for as long as I can remember ... at least 7+ years is my guess, at the moment

-Xmetalfanx

11. Xmetalfanx

Xmetalfanx Registered Member

quick update: on this PC my default profile name IS "default" though i did add a few others for other users ... so that wasn't the issue .... I just thought of that while i was typing the last post. ... sorry

12. ibeme99

ibeme99 Registered Member

FU on my original post on this problem (below this one):

Well SWB 4.5 is still not working for me. SWB has not magically started sensing FF overnight.

What do you suggest to do to fix this problem?

13. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Win 7
    IE 9
    FF 12.0a1
    FF 9.0.1
    Pale Moon 8.0
    SWB 4.5

SpywareBlaster finds IE and Pale Moon but not either Firefox. Pale Moon is installed separately using different profiles than Firefox. Pale Moon is a derivative of Firefox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.