Spyware blaster link problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by twc1313, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twc1313

twc1313 Registered Member

I just recently installed Spyware blaster on my computer and now when i click on a link that opens in another window, the window opens up but is blank and has no address in it, also none of my java windows will show up either, just another blank page. I'm using win2000 and have ie6, please help me if you can.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey twc,

Since this is a SpywareBlaster question....I have moved your thread to this Forum.

As for your problem....is this happening to all web sites your visiting ? Also....would you mind providing a link to one of these sites ?

If you disable the Restricted Sites protection of SpywareBlaster....is your surfing results normal ?

3. twc1313

twc1313 Registered Member

Thanks for the help Bubba, but the problem is still occuring. The websites I'm viewing are standard, and secure websites. For example the citibank web site or www.mi.edu (click on the newsletter link and then click on the pdf link that opens a new window) like I said before, the window opens but its white and nothing happens.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Have you tried actually disabling all of SpywareBlaster's protections? That basically would return you to the state prior to the SB installation. (Click the "Disable All Protection" from the main SpywareBlaster screen under Quick Tasks. Then restart your browser and see if the problem continues?)

When I clicked on your sample link above (mi.edu), IE asked me if I wanted to allow an ActiveX control - I clicked no since I don't know that site.

An empty browser window is often a sign that there is code there that requires something like active scripting or ActiveX to run, but the browser is not allowing it to run, so the page stays blank. (Actually, if you right-click on a blank browser page and choose to View Source, you can sometimes find clues to what is happening.)

Disabling all SpywareBlaster protections will tell you if SB is actually causing the problem, then we narrow it down to what security entry specifically is blocking a particular function or site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.