Spyware Blaster Item Protection Disabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by happyapple, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happyapple

happyapple Registered Member

Hi. New member here. Thanks. Maybe it's just me but sometimes I go back to Spyware Blaster and there are some items that appear in RED and have protection disabled. I have to go back, recheck them and reset it for "all enabled." What am I doing wrong? Why does this happen. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi happyapple, and welcome to Wilders,

Sorry I don't have any answers for you, just wanted to let you know I get pretty much the same thing. Once or twice a week I'll find that the last 8 or 10 items on the IE list-screen have mysteriously become un-protected, and I have to re-protect them which seems to work just fine (for a few days).

Oddly, the main (Status) screen still shows 0 items unprotected at the time.

Nothing's showing up with any of my protection "arsenal", and even a review of a HijackThis scan was clean.

I can only guess that it's somehow related to my weekly reg-cleaning -- JV-16 will typically turn up half a dozen or so "useless empty" keys which I delete, and I can't help but wonder if there's some kind of connection with SB's behavior.

Hopefully someone will have some answers, or at least suggestions, for both of us.

Best,
    Mike

3. Deanna

Deanna Guest

You can add me to the list of users with this problem. I keep getting one in particular called xxxtoolbar that becomes unchecked on it's own. I will have to keep checking this post for an answer.
    Deanna

4. MCT

MCT Registered Member

i think this was mentioned in another thread,

something with spybot S & D and xxxtoolbar i believe conflicting

try updating to spybot V1.3 beta i dont have that problem, and thats what im using,

good luck, hope it helps :)

5. vpmatt

vpmatt Guest

I have the same problem except Spyware Eliminator has detected registry keys in my computer from three sites which had protection automatically disabled. They were xxxtoolbar, offshoreclicks and teensguru. Can some spyware disable protection to enable themselves to be downloaded?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.