spyware blaster help

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jimb, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimb

jimb Guest

I enable the "restricted sites protection" for all that is listed. check all in customized block list and save a snapshot. shutdown and restart. Lo and behold all the "restricted sites" are all disabled again. This happens with every reboot. Is this normal?

2nd issue: In "tools", I set the internet browser pages to my preferred home page. After a reboot, these settings revert back to "about: blank"

Spybot search and destroy does not find any hijacks and says my system is clean. Any insite into this?

Thanks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

It sounds like you have embedded spyware on your system that is undoing the SpywareBlaster protections. The usual advice is to have an in-depth spyware review done. This involves running some scanners, cleaners and finally posting a HijackThis Log on a forum that provides spyware review and cleaning services. However, I'm afraid we have discontinued the spyware analysis service at Wilders. See this announcement for a list of other sites that still perform this function:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=42148

There are plenty of security forums out there that still process HijackThis logs, so just pick one but be sure to read their posting rules. Almost all of them have a specific process you must follow to get help now - simply because it is so much work to process a log. This webpage lists a number of forums, many of which do still handle HijackThis log reviews:

http://www.a-sap.org/

SpywareInfo, CastleCops and Net-Integration are good forums that do this type of work, and they do it for free. After getting the PC clean, they will advise you on how to stay clean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.