Spyware blaster failed to protect Home Page

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by aigle, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Few days back I tried a screensaver( marine free) that comes bundeled with new.dot net and it changes ur home page. I used spyware blaster to protect my IE home page with all updates of spyware blaster and max settings.
    I tried it at least twice and each time my home page was changed.
    I wonder why it happened so( Windows Defender did informed me the change and it was successful in restoring it)?
    If anybody wants to try, PM me and I will give the download link of this screen saver exe.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Spywareguard will protect you from the browser hijack as that is what it was created for. Where as spywareblaster was created to protect from individual sites.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

So I was wrong. I thought blaster will stop the home page change as well.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you are speaking of the Home page protection found under SB's Tools\Misc. IE Settings....it is only protecting that which it says it is protecting....which is the area of Internet Explorer\Tools\Internet Options....under the Home Page section. If that selection is active in SB the Home Page area in IE will be greyed out. In addition to that....the protection is only useful for protection locally to your machine. Meaning....no one can sat at your PC and change the Home page via IE\Tools\Internet Options\Home Page section

Attached Files:

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks. I got it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.