Spyware Blaster Error?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by darcsyde, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darcsyde

darcsyde Guest

when i install and try to run Spyware Blaster i get an error. "Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "MSVBVM60.DLL", error 1157

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

4. Rev. Gary

Rev. Gary Registered Member

Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Michigan and Wisconsi
    As a new member here (9/30/2004), and seeing a Spyware Blaster thread running already, I'd like to ask a question concerning the program that may have already been asked and answered. I have significant vision problems and scanning through numerous thread searches is just not possible for me.

Q: Is there any way of having Spyware Blaster AUTO LAUNCH at cold startup and have the program ENABLE all protection by itself without user intervention of any kind?

Please advise and thank you.

Rev. Gary

Administrative Pastor and Law Enforcement Chaplain-
    Woodland Chapel
    Wisconsin, Michigan, Alabama and Florida
    Text Copyright © 2004 Woodland Chapel
    All Rights Reserved
    ---------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  5. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hello Rev_Gary, welcome to the forums. :)

I shall enlarge my type a bit for your vision. :)

OK, first, SpywareBlaster does not need to be running at all.

In fact, it's not doing anything whatsoever once you have enabled the protection, as it has already done it by enabling it. :)

You see, it sets killbits into the registry which then block any of the database listed items from installing themselves into the registry.

It's not a scanner. It's not a Real Time Monitor.

Rev_Gary, the only thing you have to do is to check, say weekly, for updates.

Do the updates, then Enable All Protection again so the new listings are set into the registry, close the program and forgot about it, until the next update time.

Checking once a week for updates would be sufficient. :)

You could in reality, have it start with windows by dropping a shortcut .exe into the Startup folder, but honestly, that would not be worthwhile, only an extra drag on your system when starting.

Enabling protection also has to be done by the hand of man, as far as I know. :)

I hope this is what you were looking for?

Cheers, TAS

Normally I would split off this post and start a new thread for you Rev_Gary, as it's not quite related to the topic starter, but shall leave it here for time being so you can find it easier again. ;) Will leave it here until you reply and if further discussion is required, shall split it off and post as new thread, still in the SpywareBlaster Forum, ok?

6. Rev. Gary

Tas - thanks for the info. As I understand it now, once it is downloaded and installed it is an automatic protection program from a cold start and you, as the user, do not have to do anything except UPDATE and ENABLE AFTER UPDATES. Otherwise it is already "on" and doing it's job.

I did a SEARCH for 'Spyware Blaster' after registering here and this particular thread was the first in line so I used it as a Q & A location. It is not possible for me to do much reading and enlarging the type, while appreciated, is not necessary. It is not that kind of vision problem.

I noticed that there is already a thread going having to do with AUTO START... if you wish, you can move all of this one to that or any other location that you wish. Just send me a PM so I know where you put it. Thanks again...

7. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Rev_Gary...

No probs :)... I think it's now been asked and answered, and Yes, no need for it to be started at all unless updating and even then if no updates, you simply close the program.

If there are updates, download them, it installs them, then enable all protection like you did when you first got the program, and simply close. :)

Cheers, TAS

8. Rev. Gary

:) Thanks Again...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.