Spyware Blaster blocks MMORPGs?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Kathryn Grover, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys, I'm Kathryn. I'm a geek. I play lots of MMORPGs. End of story.

So imagine my surprise to find that spywareblaster blocks toontown online?

Yeesh. I know people are paranoid, but I can definitely vouch that this is NOT spyware. They use active X for their installer. (Games like Everquest or Star Wars Galaxies usually have separate installers.)

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

SpywareBlaster should not be blocking ToonTown. In fact I just checked on a test machine and installation proceeded smoothly. o_O

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. philg

philg Registered Member

Seems like spywareblaster (or a recent update) blocks the connection to Everquest after the patch installer/updater runs its course and then hands you off to the game server selected. After a slight reference to 'spyware blaster' from an Everquest tech support person, I disabled all protection and suddenly was able to go through the patcher to the game server.
    What I would like to know, is how can I 'enable' EQ sites in Spywareblaster so I can still have protection, yet still be able to play my game. Any ideas?
    Many thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.