Spyware Blaster Blocking Trusted Sites?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Ballzo, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ballzo

Ballzo Registered Member

I've used SB for 6 months now with excellent results... Odd behavior though... Since the last update I've experienced trouble loading http://www.msnbc.com
    The MSNBC main page loads in approximately 25-40 seconds. I've timed it. This is on a fast cable connection. I try and ping MSNBC and often receive 100% packet loss...

I had a buddy in LA check his results on his end... No trouble at all...

On a hunch, I disabled all protection in Spyware Blaster. As soon as I do so, the problem resolves and the page loads normally...

Nothing really special on the box... I run Windows XP SP2. I had a software firewall (Kerio) up until a week ago but elected to shed that in favor of using my new wireless Linksys Router... Thought the software firewall was redundant...

Any suggestions as to how I can trouble shoot this? It's driving me bananas...

Many Thanks,

B

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

There are no msnbc or msn SpywareBlaster(SB) database entries as far as it's Cookie or Restricted Sites portection. What I do see being blocked is cookies at that site that are in SB's database that may be causing a slowdown ?

atdmt.com
    doubleclick.net

3. Ballzo

Ballzo Registered Member

Interesting... Tell me, how can you see what cookies are being blocked and where? Are you able to determine which cookies they are? I don't know whether MSNBC has changed or whether SB has in it's latest database update...

Regardless, the site is virtually unusuable to me... I'd love to resolve this if I could...

Thanks,

B

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

At least 2 ways to see what cookies....if any....are blocked.

1)via IE's top menu View\Privacy Report
    2)click on the eye\red circle seen in pic

I would also suggest temporarily placing *.msnbc.com in IE's Trusted Zone to help rule out if SpywareBlaster is indeed the culprit.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.