Spyware Blaster Blocking Trusted Sites?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Ballzo, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ballzo

Ballzo Registered Member

I've used SB for 6 months now with excellent results... Odd behavior though... Since the last update I've experienced trouble loading http://www.msnbc.com
    The MSNBC main page loads in approximately 25-40 seconds. I've timed it. This is on a fast cable connection. I try and ping MSNBC and often receive 100% packet loss...

I had a buddy in LA check his results on his end... No trouble at all...

On a hunch, I disabled all protection in Spyware Blaster. As soon as I do so, the problem resolves and the page loads normally...

Nothing really special on the box... I run Windows XP SP2. I had a software firewall (Kerio) up until a week ago but elected to shed that in favor of using my new wireless Linksys Router... Thought the software firewall was redundant...

Any suggestions as to how I can trouble shoot this? It's driving me bananas...

Many Thanks,

B

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

There are no msnbc or msn SpywareBlaster(SB) database entries as far as it's Cookie or Restricted Sites portection. What I do see being blocked is cookies at that site that are in SB's database that may be causing a slowdown ?

atdmt.com
    doubleclick.net

3. Ballzo

Ballzo Registered Member

Interesting... Tell me, how can you see what cookies are being blocked and where? Are you able to determine which cookies they are? I don't know whether MSNBC has changed or whether SB has in it's latest database update...

Regardless, the site is virtually unusuable to me... I'd love to resolve this if I could...

Thanks,

B

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

At least 2 ways to see what cookies....if any....are blocked.

1)via IE's top menu View\Privacy Report
    2)click on the eye\red circle seen in pic

I would also suggest temporarily placing *.msnbc.com in IE's Trusted Zone to help rule out if SpywareBlaster is indeed the culprit.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.