Spyware Blaster and Pest Patrol

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by The Wanderer, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Registered Member

I am currently running Pest Patrol... with cookie patrol running.... does anyone know if I can load Spyware Blaster and have both running in the same enviroment... I don't want to create problems.. and so far have not had any spyware / trojans / etc on my system for over a year.
    But like the looks of Spyware Blasters functionality and would like to use it.

Thanks
    Dave

2. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

There should be no conflict at all between those two applications.

That said, if immediately after installing SpywareBlaster PestPatrol cries foul, and "detects" brand new spyware on your system, rest assured it's a false alarm.
    False Positives is one area where PestPatrol really excels...

3. RonaldCS

RonaldCS Registered Member

I have run both together for some time and had no problems at all.

Ronald

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

5. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Registered Member

Thanks for the quick replies ... and yes I know about the false negatives with Pest Patrol.... after SP2 was installed .. for some reason .. I had a Backweb Spyware notification.... so I deleted it from my system... and guess what... I could no longer open or run Quicken 2004 .. went to the master log .. reinstalled the "backweb" file.. and I as now able to open Quicken. I will download and install Spyware Blaster right now.. Thanks again. Great info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.