Spyware Blaster (actually Spybot) & IE Issues

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ddrpenguin542, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I checked the "Disable the IE home page settings in the Internet Tools Control pannel." When I started IE and clicks Tools and Internet Options to change other things besides the home page settings(after I unchecked this and restarted) a messaged popped up, "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." This only happened after I checked the box that disabled IE home page settings. Is there any way to fix this?

- Updated subject to reflect this is a Spybot S&D issue, not SpywareBlaster - LWM

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Re:Spyware Blaster & IE Issues

Are you sure that you didn't also use Spybot S&D and its Immunize function? SpywareBlaster doesn't lock the IE > Tools > Internet Options..." function, but Spybot can as can a couple other privacy tools. If you have Spybot, go into its Immunize screen and clear the checkmark from the option shown in this image:

[​IMG]

3. qoutcast5

qoutcast5 Guest

I have this problem and I unchecked that box with no luck. Is there another way to regain control of IE?

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

We should be able to use HijackThis to find the issue and resolve it...

If you post a HijackThis Log in this thread, we might be able to use that to fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.