Spyware Blaster 4.0 protection error with Win XP

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by xtacco2004, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtacco2004

xtacco2004 Registered Member

I just downloaded SpyBlaster 4.0 after removing the previous version SpyBlaster. Everything seemed fine until I tried to enable all protections. Protections were enabled for IE and Restricted Sites, but when it came to Mozilla Firefox Protection, I received an error and the program terminated. The error was:
    "Error: Access violation at 0x660E6B79 (tried to read from 0xB7D438Fb), program terminated." I never had any problems with the previous version. My laptop is running Windows XP with SP 2. I also have the latest version of Spybot S&D installed, AVG Antispyware 7.5, and Ad-Aware 2007.

Attached Files:

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Could you please zip and e-mail the following data to bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com :

A copy of the following files. This data will be kept strictly confidential and only used to track down and resolve the issue.

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini
    and any "hostperm.1" files from within Firefox profiles:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<random profile folder>\hostperm.1

(Please note: by default the Application Data folder is hidden from view. If you can't see it when you browse to your user folder, simply enter the "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\" path directly into Windows Explorer. This should then show the contents of the Application Data folder, and you'll be able to browse to the Mozilla->Firefox folders inside it.)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. xtacco2004

xtacco2004 Registered Member

Will do. By the way, today I ran Spyware Blaster. I started the program and immediately checked for Updates. The updates were downloaded and installed. I then clicked on Enable All Protections and it worked. The Mozilla Protection was enabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.