Spyware Blaster 4.0 protection error with Win XP

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by xtacco2004, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtacco2004

xtacco2004 Registered Member

I just downloaded SpyBlaster 4.0 after removing the previous version SpyBlaster. Everything seemed fine until I tried to enable all protections. Protections were enabled for IE and Restricted Sites, but when it came to Mozilla Firefox Protection, I received an error and the program terminated. The error was:
    "Error: Access violation at 0x660E6B79 (tried to read from 0xB7D438Fb), program terminated." I never had any problems with the previous version. My laptop is running Windows XP with SP 2. I also have the latest version of Spybot S&D installed, AVG Antispyware 7.5, and Ad-Aware 2007.

Attached Files:

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Could you please zip and e-mail the following data to bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com :

A copy of the following files. This data will be kept strictly confidential and only used to track down and resolve the issue.

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini
    and any "hostperm.1" files from within Firefox profiles:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<random profile folder>\hostperm.1

(Please note: by default the Application Data folder is hidden from view. If you can't see it when you browse to your user folder, simply enter the "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\" path directly into Windows Explorer. This should then show the contents of the Application Data folder, and you'll be able to browse to the Mozilla->Firefox folders inside it.)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. xtacco2004

xtacco2004 Registered Member

Will do. By the way, today I ran Spyware Blaster. I started the program and immediately checked for Updates. The updates were downloaded and installed. I then clicked on Enable All Protections and it worked. The Mozilla Protection was enabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.