Spyware blaster 3.20 & Win XP Slow Sut Down

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by unholyone, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unholyone

unholyone Registered Member

Hi,

I have been using spyware blaster 3.2 with Windows 98SE. I have had no problems with shutting down. When I go to sut down the computer it shuts down almost instantly within 2-4 seconds.

I installed Windows XP Pro on another system of mine to move over to it. It also was shutting down alomst instantly within 2-4 seconds.

I now have just installed Spyware Blaster on the XP systems and it take allot more time to shut down now. Approximately 15 seconds and up.

Why is this and how can it be fixed??

Thanks so much,

Woody

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi unholyone. :)

SpywareBlaster is not a running process so i can't see how this would affect the shutdown time of your comp.

Are u sure u haven't installed or changed anything else?

snowbound

3. unholyone

unholyone Registered Member

That's what I thought. I went through and uninstalled the programs I installed just before Spyblaster and did a system restore and it is fine. It turns out that "Cypherix Crypainer 5.0" is what caused the slow shut down. I was using 4.0 on windows 98 and just switched to XP and installed the newest version. I'll have to email Cypherix about there software.

Thanks,

Woody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.