SPYWARE BLASTER 3.2 - BLACK SCREEN

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Pat R., Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat R.

Pat R. Registered Member

I have downloaded Spyware Blaster 3.2 and have it set up to run in Scheduled Tasks automatically.

When it STARTS, the screen goes BLACK and when it's FINISHED, the screen goes BLACK. Is the program set up to start and finish with a black screen?

I'm running on Windows XP and using Internet Explorer 6. I am on a cable modem.

It's a little scary when your screen goes BLACK! It's normally a sign of something going wrong!

I've removed it 3 times from Add/Remove Programs and downloaded/installed it 3 different times from different places and still have the same problem.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to correct it?

2. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I am not an expert on SpywareBlaster but do have it on my XP computer without any issues with black screens. One thing I do note which may be the cause of your problem is running it as a 'scheduled task'. SpywareBlaster does not need to be running as it will portect your browser when you download and enable all protection. Try taking it out of the schedule and let just let it load as normal, hopefully this will see the end to any black screens.

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

When you say "black screen" one of the first things that comes to my mind is that your system crashed, but, you actually seem to be saying that it goes into and out of black screen... quote: "When it STARTS, the screen goes BLACK and when it's FINISHED, the screen goes BLACK. Is the program set up to start and finish with a black screen?"

I agree with where Robyn is going with this. It sounds like you put some piece of SpywareBlaster into Scheduled Tasks, to run it automatically, but that is not the way you are supposed to use SpywareBlaster, and that must be causing the problem.

As I think about it, the black screen might very well be a full-screen version of a CMD (or MS-DOS) window, as might happen when you run a batch file to execute a program, which may be what Scheduled Tasks is doing. And that would be perfectly normal. But since SpywareBlaster can not be run that way...

Remove SpywareBlaster from Scheduled Tasks!

SpywareBlaster is meant to be run manually by clicking on either its desktop icon, or selecting it from the Windows Start menu > Programs > SpywareBlaster link. It has a graphic interface in which you need to press buttons and it can not be run as a batch or scheduled task.

Try running it that way and then tell us if you still have a problem with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.