spyware blaster 101

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by HPD, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HPD

HPD Registered Member

don't everyone leave yet. my most basic question about spyware blaster (and others like IE Restrictions) are whether they need a shortcut in the 'startup folder' or otherwise to be running before i surf. as stupid as it sounds - that's my question.

2. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

HPD,all you have to do is update it!!;)
    Spyware, adware, browser hijackers, and dialers are some of the fastest-growing threats on the Internet today.
    By simply browsing to a web page, you could find your computer to be the brand-new host of one of these unwanted fiends!

The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.

Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests.
    Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
    <LI>Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer.

SpywareBlaster can help keep your system spyware-free and secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web.

And unlike other programs, SpywareBlaster does not have to remain running in the background.
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

3. HPD

HPD Registered Member

that's what i needed. thanks. i always ran without the safeguards for speed. now there is no choice.

so far, (freebies) sygate, avg, ad-aware, spybot, spyware blaster. router up front.

will i need more? suggestions? i have a few registry & file trackers since days of old. anyway, thanks again.

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Firewall of some description always good news.....I use 'Agnitum Outpost'..but you taker your pick.......

Regs, Cochise, :cool:

5. jargonize

jargonize Registered Member

i agree spyware blaster is the best, if i could send them money, i would. i use outpost i think it's the best firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.