SpyWare Balster IE Browser Page Changes

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ejg593, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejg593

ejg593 Registered Member

I recently downloaded SpyWareBalster because I've been getting overrun w/all sorts of spyware. I've also loaded a few different Spyware detection & clean up programs, but none really BLOCK them from coming in, which is why I decided to add SpyWareBlaster to my arsenol.

Anyway, when I open SWB, click Tools, Browser Pages, I notice a website listed here (5 times actually) that's given me a ton of trouble- about: blank. I don't want anything to do w/this stupid site & as soon as I send this, I'll add it to my Custom Block list- which I learned how to do by reading other entries in this forum.

But my question is, how do I get that entry out of my IE Browser page list?

Thanks
    -E

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi ejg593, and welcome to the forum. :)

Since you are still experiencing spyware getting in, it sounds like your system may still be infected and/or your IE is still hijacked by the 'about:blank' (CWS) infection. I would suggest that you go to one of the spyware/hijack cleaning forums listed in this link: http://a-sap.org/ and post a HijackThis log for review and let one of the spyware Experts help you remove the infection completely. Then once your computer is clean, you'll be able to reset your IE's web settings to the default home and search pages (under Internet Options --> Program tab --> clicking the "Reset Web Settings" button)

Two of the bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than many others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.