Spyware and VPN Dialer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by osowild, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osowild

osowild Registered Member

Having problems accessing VPN and wondering if Spyware Blaster would be the cause? VPN is Cisco 3.5.4 and SpywareBlaster is latest (loaded yesterday). I can dial in, however I can not log in to domain. Errors recieved indicate firewall ZoneAlarm has been disabled. Does SWB have IPSec Filters enabled? which might be the cause of my headaches?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

SpywareBlaster has no filtering capabilities at all. It simply sets values in the registry that prevent a specific list of known spyware related ActiveX control and cookies from getting on to your system. Plus it adds a list of known spyware related domains to the restricted sites list in IE. If you open SpywareBlaster and hit Disable All Protections and the problem still exists, then it's not caused by SpywareBlaster.

Now, I'm curious about the ZoneAlarm reference. What message from where says that ZA has been disabled? SpywareBlaster has no firewalling, network monitoring or filtering capabilities, and it can't disable a firewall. It sounds more like a conflict between your VPN tool and ZA.

3. osowild

osowild Registered Member

That's what I thought. I tried with Spyware disabled and still had the problem.

Need to clarify myself, I had disabled ZA myself believing that this may be the conflict, According to Cisco ZA and VPN are compatible but have had bugs in the past. I am trying just about everything at this point. Guys on the other end are determined it is a firewall problem, though I have disabled all firewalls, still cannot get in. Even on a ping I have no luck! I give up on this end seems like they need to investigate on thiers some more.

Thanks for the clarification!! if you can think of anything that might help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.