spysweeper

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Wills, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wills

Wills Registered Member

I am new to this forum and hope that this is the right place to post. I wanted to know if any members have used the spysweeper program along with adaware se, spybot, spyblaster, winpatrol.
    I have read reviews on the program and they have been mixed. Some have indicated mega problems with this program and IE and as well problems with Windows Pro.
    My os is "XP" home edition and I am consdering installing this program and wanted to get feedback from users. I hope members out there with experience with this program will reply.
    Is it user friendly is another question as I am non-technically inclined and don't feel comfortable doing my own settings. Thankyou. :oops:

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi Wills and welcome,

I am running Spysweeper along with Spyware Guard, Spywareblaster, CA antivirus and Ewido for about 2 month now. No problems at all so far. After installing Spy Sweeper you almost dont have to look at it, "set and forget".
    I am satisfied with it.
    Regards,

Gerard

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi Wills & welcome to Wilders
    I'm using it along with the same programs as you do, but I also use some other anti-spyware.
    Never had any problems with it. :)
    It certainly is user friendly, besides I'm not that technical either. :D
    Setting it up is really easy, so you don't have to feel uncomfortable doing it. ;)

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Hi wills and Welcome

Like Eldar & Gerard, i have not had any problem with Spy Sweeper (used it for year now). To me it's user/newbie friendly and pretty easy to configure. Try their trial before you decide.

Post back if you need help. :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  5. Rui

Rui Registered Member

Hi

I am also running Spysweeeper with XP Pro SP1 installed, along with other anti-spyware applications (Ad-aware, Spyot, SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster). No compatibility problems at all.
    However, beware of false positives spotted byy Spysweeper. Unfortunately, I have reported this to Webroot, but had no response.
    Regards
    Rui

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.