Spyshelter, no resolution on license.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Bodhitree, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

My key for lifetime spyshelter stopped working. I was using it within the license requirements, and it stopped working. The developer appears impossible to contact anymore. Others on this forum never have gotten responses to inquiries.

I purchased through Plimus, Plimus was unable to offer a refund due to the time of purchase being so far back. But Plimus attempted to contact the vendor and has been unsuccessful. I contacted Citicards, and they said if I write a letter of dispute to them they will reverse the charge, even if it was 2 years ago because this is a clear case of retail fraud.

At this point I am trying to steer clear of the product, and have ceased recommending it, or installing it on PC's I work on. It's a real pity, but I think it is a 1-man operation and he may have given up on the product. If anyone has any better contact information for the developer I'd be curious to hear! But as of right now I cannot recommend this product despite it being quite good.

2. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

Yes in general it is never a good idea to buy lifetime license from a small company like Spyshelter. I hope you will get your refund.

3. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Yes because they changed licensing system, contact with support and they will send you new working key.

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

This was way back on August 9, 2011 and applies to versions 5.41 and above. If the last time you used or updated SpyShelter was before then, you need new license.

5. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Take all the money you would have spent on lifetime software licenses, and go buy a lifetime gym membership.

Ya, that's the answer.

6. Bodhitree

4 emails to; support@spyshelter.com have gone unanswered over the last 3 weeks. I sent another one this morning CC'd with Plimus response as well. Still no answer. Someone else on the forum says they haven't been able to reach anyone at Spyshelter for 5 months themselves.

The assumption I have is they've basically gone out of business. Maybe that is wrong, but when a company is going, or gone, they tend to close up and ignore customers. GetRight/DesktopArmor did the same thing, and the product 'died' at WindowsXP for all purchasers of the lifetime licenses. Unfortunately this seems to be a common theme with Windows software.

7. guest

guest Guest

I have an email from him from the 20th of November.

8. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I emailed the developer about that time and asked him about a possible timeline for a windows 8 64 bit version to make it into beta. To date I have not received a reply. I also asked that question via the website's online support form with same results, no reply as of yet. The developer is kind of hit and miss. Sometimes you get a fast response and other times you are totally ignored. It is almost like he just picks and chooses who and what questions he will answer. If he was just more responsive to his user base and would answer questions in a more timely matter, it would raise the value of his software immensely. I love his software but with no version yet for windows 8 64 bit and the windows 8 32 bit version only partially compatible to date, he has left a lot of his customer base hanging. Plus the fact he does not answer emails requesting status and what is happening, that does not help at all.

9. Bodhitree

Sounds like a 1 man operation to me, and he probably does pick and choose. People that already bought it are worthless to him. We will see how worthless once the chargebacks start rolling in, and Plimus dumps him.

10. artoor

artoor Registered Member

Weird... maybe you should contact them using this e-mail address for I was serviced almost instantly. I think you should try it.

Regards

11. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Your assumption is wrong. I own my website and contacted them. They had no problem responding in a few hours with donated licenses to giveaway.

12. Bodhitree

Actually, two others on this forum have been unable to contact them. Plimus indicates they've been unable to resolve the issue with the vendor for me (and in fact cannot even REACH the vendor), but they cannot issue a refund and that I should contact my credit card company. I have escalated this at Plimus because they process payments for Spyshelter, and if the vendor is failing to support customers, it falls back on Plimus to decide if they want to continue processing for them.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
  13. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

I contacted them via email. 5 months has passed by and still no response. I would never recommend anyone to buy lifetime license from a company this small and from developers so unresponsive to customers.

14. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Maybe next time you shouldnt wait 2 years before bringing a license out of the closet for a rainy day.

Youve already said your only here on a personal vendetta and that you dont care about security at all. Every single post you have made is a sad attempt at trolling. :rolleyes:

15. Bodhitree

Re-read my posting.. The license failed to work after 2 years of using it. Very important difference.

Please stay on topic in these threads.

16. natsecurity

natsecurity Registered Member

I haven't gotten a response either. I'm actually on here to resolve a few issues relating to spyshelter firefox and flash plugin. No response for the last month to support@spyshelter.com

I guess I should have know better than to get lifetime license.

17. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

18. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Always there for you.
    Can't find what you're looking for?
    Please feel free to contact us and we'll be happy to assist you.

Email: support@spyshelter.com

19. Bodhitree

Never one to not update if a situation changes: Well I can report, several months of trying, I have success! Apparently Plimus finally got through to him, he apologized.

He claims they had email, website, and Keyserver issues that took a long time to resolve, but are resolved now.

20. Confesser

Confesser Registered Member

Yes in general it is never a good idea to buy lifetime license from a small company like Spyshelter.

21. Confesser

Confesser Registered Member

Spyshelter will be updated?

22. bfriend

bfriend Registered Member

Same here friends......No reply for any of the Q's........its been almost more than a month and finally i stopped expecting reply from them.......

23. Bodhitree

Sadly, I think Spyshelter is being pushed aside, perhaps he is busy with working a regular job or something. I don't recommend the product anymore for obvious reasons.

24. ChoiceVoice

ChoiceVoice Registered Member

nonsensical statement. big companies don't give lifetime licenses (it's hard enough to get a 1 year license free). granted, there are dangers to lifetime licenses (such as being bought out, or bankruptcy, etc) ... but you'll hopefully benefit for many years before that happens. i have a winpatrol one, and am aware that when bill dies (sorry bill) my license might hiccup - cuz someone else will take over the company and possibly sell it (try to live longer than me bill). that said, i've already gotten an hundred times my investment out of it.

25. ChoiceVoice

ChoiceVoice Registered Member

if your willing to pay a similar product a yearly fee to respond to your emails faster, that's your prerogative. as for me, i'll pass. the product is exceptional and inexpensive. and, by your own admission, your problem was rectified.

furthermore, if the assertion regarding spyshelter is correct, that it's an one man operation, then try and process what that means before lambasting the guy. i personally wouldn't want to receive thousands of emails, daily. and yet, he's expected to have this product ready for windows 8 64 bit yesterday. ouch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.