Spyshelter Free & Zemana Free

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Painless install :) of these today on someones Vista PC. Plus you can choose NOT to Auto check for updates on both :thumb:

Between them they seem to offer a good degree of protection, so i expect them to be keepers.

As my WSA licence is about to expire :( i'm seriously considering adding this SS. I already have Z full V.

2. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I can't speak for the free version of Spyshelter, but the Premium version will still try to make an outbound connection even if check for updates is disabled. :thumbd:

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ 0strodamus

Hi, thanks for the info, i'll check it :thumb:

4. When you are on 32 bit and Spyshelter free runs fine with Zemana free, you could use the encryption tunnel of Zemena and the System Protection of Spyshelter. Do they work together?

I thought that Zemena full also has a HIPS component, while your lisence lasts (Zemena lisence fee per year?), you would not need Spyshelter's HIPS (System protection).

Regards

P.S. For paid versions, vendors apply a real time validity check (reason for calling home), not likely the free version does this check also.

5. co22

co22 Registered Member

6. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am happy w/ my SpyShelter Personal Free :D

I think it does it's job well .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.