SpyReveal

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by asr, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asr

asr Registered Member

Independent Review of SpyReveal

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated in anyway with the following software which I have tested and reviewed. Nor do I receive any compensation for this review. My intentions are to aid and help the members choose on their own and add their own input on this software.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Let me start off by saying SpyReveal is a stand alone scanner, it does not have a resident module for real time scanner as others such as Zemana or SpyShelter. SpyReveal is used for those users that think their computer has been compromised by a keylogger. When a key-logger is detected and quarantined, SpyReveal one-on-one guidance and custom eradication tools are provided by email. Unlike security suits that detect virus's , Trojans, worms etc, SpyReveal is designed to do one thing extremely well, and that is to detect commercial monitoring spy programs. As of this review SpyReveal can detect over 740 plus commercial key loggers.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. SpyReveal main GUI is very straight forward and not cluttered. Easy to use for the novice or advanced user.
    2. You can do a complete system scan, single file or single folder. You can query the signature database, or update the database in a instant.
    3. SpyReveal from my testing leaves no stones unturned. Because of the large database SpyReveal has this will be a on going testing process. I have tested to date random key-loggers and Spyreveal has detected them all. To name a few: SpyAgent, CyberPatrol, CyberSitter to name a few. There are older keyloggers out however I will be testing against the newer ones as time permits. The question is can SpyReveal detect all key loggers? The juror is still out, however let me say this to date SpyReveal has scored 100%. This said, I will continue to test this software out and update my review.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The following is a direct quote from the developer:
    SpyReveal was the first anti key-logger in the security industry to develop software designed to protect the general public from so called "undetectable" key logging programs and continues to be the leader in this field of privacy protection software. Our primary goal is to uphold your right to privacy!
    It is my opinion SpyReveal would be a welcome add on to ones security arsenal. But I will leave that decision up to you. Once again your comments are welcomed and we will all benefit from your expertize input on this software.( As a closing note SpyReveal use to be SpyCop back in the beginning)
    At your leisure visit their web site and make your own opinion. Their site is very informative and in depth on the subject of key-loggers.

http://spyreveal.com/

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Lots of questions about this company.
    A "revealing" thread can be found here.
    A person claiming to be "the original developer for SpyCop, now rebranded as Spy Reveal" posted in that thread as spyreveal.
    He hasn't posted on Wilders in a couple of years.
    I had a lifetime license to SpyCop, but haven't run it on my computers since the so-called "ethics disagreement".

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

is it free:D

4. Dark_Hanzo

Dark_Hanzo Registered Member

It costs 2 cents and $31 Canadian dollars :)

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.