SpyHunter 2.9

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by btman, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btman

btman Registered Member

http://www.enigmasoftware.com/spyhunter_more_info.php

Has anyone tried it recently? I know 2.0 sucked... And well every versions sucked... Could anyone try it against some simple threats and see how it fairs or so? Or see if its still crapware.. I know its on rogue list and many other things.. But it got removed and Spyware Terminator is awesome and is a de-listed program...

Though I think it may still be I'm just curios... From the link above it says...

"Database of 500 spyware and adware threats"

Errr.... Only 500? lol

2. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

While it may be de-listed I would not classify it as "awesome" in any way. People tend to use it for the "free" real-time protection. The program is being updated on a regular basis so it seems, and hopefully they can work on the detection rates.

Spy Hunter......ugh. :thumbd: I should test it on an infected computer, along with Winantivirus. :shifty:

3. btman

btman Registered Member

Yes detection is low, but like 95% of the times I check theres a definition update out so its not like they're not trying.

Would be greatly appreciated, though i don't care for Winantivirus results... Although it might be good for a laugh lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.