Spyguard won't open/uninstall

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by tkle90, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkle90

tkle90 Registered Member

Getting 5-6 notices at a time and quite frequently.The adware was less annoying.Something must be wrong.Double clicking doesn't open SG and I can't otherwise uninstall it.Thanks Terry o_O

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, it sounds like a few different problems. First, SpywareGuard is alerting you to something that ultimately you will want to clean off your system. You can do that by posting a HijackThis Log following these instructions:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

As for SpywareGuard, can you give us more details... "Double-clicking which item" is not opening SpywareGuard? Are you clicking on the desktop icon or do you have the systray icon (next to the clock) that looks like this: SG

The desktop icon does not open the SpywareGuard control panel, it merely ensures SG is running. If you don't have the systray icon, there are a few other ways to disable SpywareGuard if you want to do that, though you really should look at the root problem first.

3. tkle90

tkle90 Registered Member

Excuse my inaptness.I found the right icon.Your right the problem is NOT with your program.I've posted my files.Thank you very much.Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.