Spyguard 2.2 not loading

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by goodtyneguy, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodtyneguy

goodtyneguy Registered Member

Hi and a big thank you to javacool for their excellent products.

I've recently downloaded and intalled Spyguard to compliment my "paid up" version of Spyware Blaster. When I try to load Spyguard from the desktop icon nothing happens. I get the same results trying to double click on the main exe file where it was installed. The update works fine from the desktop icon but the main proggy will only load from the notification tray icon o_O

I tried downloading and installing the MS script file connected to the "429 error" but that made no difference.

Anyone?

Thanks

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What you are experiencing is normal and you do not need to un-install Spywareguard. Whether you place the sgmain.exe file in the Startup folder or click on the sgmain.exe file....the program itself is placed in the systray. In order to then make adjustments to the program you then click on the SG icon in the systray to make your adjustments....but....you do not need to un-install SpywareGuard.

3. snowboard

snowboard Registered Member

Thx for your post saying that its normal :) , I thought is wasnt :doubt:

Regards,

snowboard

4. Corrine

Corrine Spyware Fighter

<Off Topic>
    After goodtyneguy was referred here for help on a couple security issues, I promised (threatened) to stop over & check on him. :)

http://forums.subratam.org/html/emoticons/wavey.gif goodtyneguy. I told you its a great group here too.

</Off Topic>

5. goodtyneguy

goodtyneguy Registered Member

Thanks Bubba, I bit of an unconventional way of doing things (to me anyway) but like most things I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explanation.

Hi Corrine, it's nice to get out and about once in awhile...is n't it?

Was going to give you a wave but I'm not used to this type of board and it's late so I'll just do this "waveing profusely" hows that. :)

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Not being a programmer....nor the programmer of SpywareGuard....I look at SG as being similar to Spybot's TeaTimer....which is simply a process sitting happily in the Systray :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.