Spycop - opinions please.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ChrisP, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

I have SpuCop and run it now and then - but is there any point? I have AVG Anti-Malware (which included the AVG anti-Spyware)

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Spycop is a rouge program!!!!!!!!!! UNINSTALL NOW!!!!!!!

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Wrong :)

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Yes, there is a point. SpyCop is an anti-keylogger that detects commercially available computer monitoring programs. The majority of antispyware programs out there all seem to give the commercially available programs a pass, labeling them as legitimate software. SpyCop doesn't take that approach. In fact, I see SpyCop as claiming this spot as a niche market. Here is how the program is described on the company's home page:

"SpyCop is not just another anti-spyware program, it's a surveillance spy detector that specifically targets commercially available computer monitoring software."

I have used SpyCop for about 4 years. I consider it to be a valid security layer component.

6. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

I believe AVG AM detects keyloggers - was stated on the AVG Anti-Spyware app - and the Anti-Malware variant is the AVG Anti-Virus and the AVG Anti-Spyware combined.

Wish SpyCop had real time protection

7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Note that I said commercially available computer monitoring programs. Plenty of security programs detect keyloggers, but not the commercial keyloggers that can be purchased online and used by spouses or parents or any other individual who wants to know what you are doing and not be detected while they are at it.

Programs like SpectorPro and eBlaster, the list goes on and on. SpyCop detects 620 of these commercial keyloggers, while the other antispyware programs usually don't even blink an eye.

8. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I wonder where you get that info from?
    Cheers,

Gerard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.