SpyCatcher 2006

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Green Giant, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

I upgraded to SpyCatcher 2006 from the 2005 version yesterday. Today SpyCatcher announced that it had stopped 'spyware' called MarketShare from running and that this alleged pest had been quarantined. I then found I could not update the signatures in Panda Titanium AntiVirus 2005, even though my subscription stretches into 2007. Another popup indicated that the 'pest' was in Panda, but trying to change from quarantined to allowed did not repair Panda. I then had to download a fresh copy of Panda, uninstall the existing one, block Spycatcher 2006 with process Guard by withdrawing its permission to run and carry our a lengthy update of the new downloaded program.

With 2005 SpyCatcher, one could always examine the path of found spyware to check that it was not part of a legitimate program. The alleged spyware in Panda with that version was WebHancer, so I allowed this with no problems.

I have drawn Tenebril's attention to this problem a few moments ago and have asked to revert to the 2005 version.

This is just to alert those who may experience difficulties as I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.