Spybro.exe dangerous or not?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by SystemJunkie, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

I want to know if one of you consider spybro.exe as dangerous or not?

I once installed spybro.exe and couldn´t find anything dangerous, the only thing I noticed was that it send data via tcp.

But I really want to know what should be so dangerous, you can make in depth analysis of hooks with it. No Virusscanner sees it as threat only spyware programs, like spybot, prevx1 and some other tools.

Does anyone exaxtly know what should be dangerous? The spanish company seems to be a legitimate application in my opinion.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

theres not much info on SpyBrowser, and Prevx1's database has both good and bad entries for that file. id remove SpyBrowser just to be safe. check for its entry in add/remove programs.

3. SystemJunkie

I installed the original Spybro from spyware-browser.com, but PrevX considered it as malware.

4. WSFuser

ok thanx for the link. the proggie seems legit, but to be sure, u could write to prevx1 support and the authors of the other antispyware that detected it. u should give them the link and ask them to analyze the product.

5. SystemJunkie

Fuser why this? Many other AntiSpy Companies also recognizes spybro as threat, but this is not true, it is a very helpful tool. Better then many so called antispy tools.

6. WSFuser

well the antispyware vendors should provide more info to users if they do decide to detect it. perhaps analyzing the program would help in making a description or providing info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.