Spybot's DSO bug cured!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TopperID, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I've just done an update of the latest detection rules from Spybot S&D and was somewhat disconcerted to find that the process took much longer than usual - and initially failed! I got an error message saying that the 'checksum' did not match. So I had to try again. Eventually it all came good and when I did a scan, to my surprise, I had no DSO Exploit FP!

Strange to fix this bug after so long - and I'm still using Version 1.3!

2. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Cool its about time :D

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I just finished the same thing. It took awhile to get it to download the update and then it took quite a bit longer to scan, but didn't get the DSO exploit.

Cool!!

4. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Yes, I noticed the same.
    At first I would always have 5 DSO exploits.
    A few weeks ago after updating ~ had only 2 DSO's. (??)
    Today after I downloaded the newest update ~ I get a congratulation message.
    Zero DSO Exploits.
    V. 1.3

5. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

:D No DSO exploits.

Guess this means we will have fewer people coming here and asking the simple question of 'what are DSO exploits?'

Jimbob

6. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Same Here.....failed first time....but worked when I changed the mirror. Never ran a scan, but will be pleased if the DSO thing is fixed. Thanks.

7. loser

loser Guest

Yeah, "Bad Checksum" basically means to change download mirror. I wonder why nobody was referred to 1.3.1TX from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4392 from Wilders here. I'm sure people knew about it. Why wasn't it recommended?
    It's a lot better than waiting for 1.4. There's a lot of bug fixes one of which I reported myself.

8. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi,

Just updated SpyBot and have less def then before the update, anyone noticed the same please?

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

9. MushfiQ

MushfiQ Registered Member

Think almost everyone having the same issue. Think i wont update mine at the moment. After reading both Wilders & DSLR, many mentioned Old def had 23,350 prior to the Update, now have 22,426.Almost a difference of 924 :eek: Think i would stick mine at 23.350 for now time being!

Cheers

10. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, MushfiQ

Thank you for your reply to my question.

That about what I have missing.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

11. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

yep, i just went thru the same thing. my installed spybot kept giving bad checksum errors. so i went to majorgeeks and got another copy. installed it and it finally gave me the updates. and yea i noticed too that there seemed to be less def's than before.

12. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That fix has been recommended on many occasions....in fact if you did a Forum search for 1.3.1TX....you would notice that fact. Having said that....the reason I and many other responsible contributors no longer offer that fix without giving a warning is because soon after the release of that fix we became aware of the Official position of Safer Networking. One can debate all day that the fix worked for many users....but at the end of the day some of us chose to adhere to the request and wishes of the Spybot folks....since their position was that no support would be given for that version by Net Integration or Safer Networking. That decision by some of us....as always....was made with the end users in mind.

OFFICAL AND UNOFFICIAL "FIXES"

Regards,
    Bubba

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
  13. Socio

Socio Registered Member

Does Spybot find anything for anybody after this last update?

Since I updated I no longer get the DSO stuff I also don't get anything else detected which is very unusual because it always seems to find something.

14. MushfiQ

MushfiQ Registered Member

15. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

Bubba! Thanks for your reply! I was not aware of that. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.