spybot updates

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cadmus, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadmus

cadmus Registered Member

When I check for spybot updates there is no indication of results. Update logs read "downloading update files" in each case, even when Dsl Reports website lists no updates (http://www.dslreports.com/forum/security,1). Same result yesterday when update *was* reported.

And yet info and license tab in spybot it says last detection update *March 4*!! What gives? (Spy-bot help server seems to be down)

I have v.1.3c

2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Hi cadmus :)
    You have posted this query in the wrong section of this forum as this section is for updates only. Not to worry one of the admin team will be along shortly and move it for you

Regards

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi Cadmus, ;)

The Latest update ... was a beta update ... do you have that option turned on?

Open Spybot (advanced mode) select Settings, then settings sub menu, scroll down to web update, tick off display available beta updates.

The Latest update (beta) - detections- 06/16/2004

HTH, ;)

dog - *puppy*

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Moved to the appropriate section :cool:

5. cadmus

cadmus Registered Member

I have beta selected already. Nothing displays at all when I update except 'connecting " message

6. dog

dog Guest

Hi Cadmus, ;)

If you don't see either of these two popups, pics attached. It's probably a firewall issue. Have you check your firewall settings or logs re: Spybot?

dog - *puppy*

Attached Files:

7. cadmus

cadmus Registered Member

I will check on that later after work. Thanks Dog

8. cadmus

cadmus Registered Member

SpyBot allowed by firewall. Even with firewall disabled I don't get that 2nd pop-up with results. Have tried all mirror sites.

Maybe I need to re-install?

9. dog

dog Guest

Hi Cadmus, ;)

Not sure what it could be then, try an uninstall / re-install ... maybe even a fresh D/L 0f 1.3. :doubt: ... I'll try a search at NI to see if anyone else has had a similar problem, I'll let you know if I turn up anything.

dog - *puppy*

Here's a link for a direct D/L - http://www.spybot.us/spybotsd13.exe
    Here's a direct link for an updates D/L - http://spybot.eon.net.au/files/spybotsd_includes.exe

If your using a proxy - Spybot FAQ

Spybot update problems Tutorial: By Zero http://www.zerosrealm.com/updating.php ... (It's gives a 404 error ATM)

dog - *puppy*

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2004
  10. cadmus

cadmus Registered Member

Hi dog-downloaded includes.exe. Doesn't show on update page logs, but maybe it wouldn't since I went direct. At least I suppose I am up-to-date. If no word from you later I'll try re-install later.

Thanks so much for your kind attention!

cadmus

11. dog

dog Guest

Hi Cadmus, ;)

Yah, I try an uninstall - reinstall ... try a new D/L from the direct D/L link above ... it's better to try an resolve the issue ... rather than a temp fix.

Steve- *puppy*

BTW: after the uninstall, reboot, delete all the spybot directories ... then reinstall.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2004
  12. dog

dog Guest

Hi again Cadmus, ;)

Did you try the uninstall, delete the spybot directories (in application data & programs) reboot, and re-install? Any change in regards the problem?

I found one other link, but it only contains things we already discussed, in regards to a proxy & the firewall issue - here's the link anyway - Spybot update problems

dog - *puppy*

13. cadmus

cadmus Registered Member

dog- you stay on the scent!! Downloaded and installed fresh copy and all now works as it should. I got new version early, maybe a beta-don't recall. but good now.

thanks again for your help.
    cadmus

14. dog

dog Guest

Hi Cadmus, ;)

I've been away a few days ...Just checked back to see how it was going. I'm Glad all is well and Spybot working again.

It was my pleasure. ;)

dog - *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.