Spybot S&D / Spywareblaster Security Question

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by NetworkPOP, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NetworkPOP

NetworkPOP Registered Member

I must applaud the success I have had while using Spybot & Spywareblaster , yet I am rather unsure if this is where I should post my question , and yes I read several other threads and could not find any solution to my on going problem ... When I visit such sites like Fox News I 'continually' keep getting a pop up that say NetworkPOP that's coming from networksolutions , and it stores a cookie , yet after deleting that cookie that's named default@www.networksolutions{1} , it comes right back the following day , now what I am unable to understand is the fact I have downloaded and tried 'multiple' I truly repeat 'multiple' pop up killers , yet that NetworkPOP pop up above continues to haunt me at several venues while surfing . Is their any addition to the Spybot S&D and the Spywareblaster that can put a end to this pop up from hell ?

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi NetworkPOP,

Does that popup look like a IE windows or does it resemble a Windows prompt?

Regards,

Pieter

3. I surf with MSN Explorer as my browser , and today it never happened as I just went to Fox News , and that's what's so strange is that it will happen at times , then it doesn't , however the next time it occurs I am going to place my curser over the pop up on my tool bar and take a screen shot because I have awhile back and when my curser is over it , it displays a very long strange looking URL that even has symbols and in the lengthy URL it states the word even (modem) with a = an etc , yet I will capture that and show you when it happens , and the pop up itself that pops up is titled NetworkPOP and I wrote them and this below is their wonderful reply (go figure} ...

Dear Jeff,
    We regret that we are unable to assist you with the problems you are experiencing concerning pop-up ads. While Network Solutions does purchase advertising space on various websites, we do not control the frequency or placement of these ads.
    Pop-up ads are controlled by the Web sites that you are visiting. Many Web sites throughout the internet sell advertising space to other companies, as their site may be visited by potential customers. This advertising can take the form of banner or pop-up ads. The frequency of the pop-up ads is determined by the website, not the advert
    Sincerely,
    Joseph010
    Network Solutions Customer Support
    © 2003 Network Solutions. All rights reserved.

4. NetworkPOP

NetworkPOP Registered Member

I apologize about the previous post and my (name) there because I forgot to sign in , however I rebooted my PC and I went to the Fox News website and it happened yet again and I took a screen shot and will add it to this post ... The only reason I go to Fox News is because MSN Explorer has no idle timer and if my PC is unactive it boots me offline , thus the reason for going to Fox News because it auto refreshes , yet anyway I hope you please look at the screen shot and explain to me anything & everything you can about these pop ups ? The screen shot shows what's happening along with this about:blank pop up ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.