Spybot S&D - registry entry

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by vickie, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vickie

vickie Registered Member

I believe that whenever i disable a Startup program or Service in Task Manager or msconfig.exe, SS&D shows this msg: "Spybot Search & Destroy has detected an important registry entry that has been changed. Category: Browser Helper Object Change: value added Entry: 53707 962-6F74 ..." etc. A box "Remember this decision" "?" ...and "Info" shows up. When I click on "info" the msg is: "no information found for this entry". I then click on OK and msg is: "resident denied change" . Also when I put a 'check' mark in "enable permanent blocking of bad addresses in Internet Explorer" it keeps unchecking the box. Then I click on "Immunize" and the msg "permanently running bad download blocker to Internet Explorer" displays - but when I go back to double check the "permanently block bad d/loads" is unchecked.
    Also this never happened b4 I reinstalled SS&D June 8/05. Note: The msg. boxes "remember this decision" and "?" does not show the names of the entries - I cannot expand the boxes to view the names so I just click on OK and "resident denied change" shows up each time again.
    How can I get past these problems in Spybot? Thanks for any help.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Vickie,

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate forum....instead of the Spywareblaster Forum.

IMHO you have a couple of choices....you can continue using the TeaTimer feature with malformed buttons....or disable TeaTimer until they put a program update out that fixes the TeaTimer.exe file. If you choose to keep the TeaTimer enabled....I suggest you take a look at the below thread with a few good suggestions of how best to still utilize TeaTimer.

This thread @ Official Spybot Forum---> Teatimer Blocking Confirmation Screen Is Bad

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.