Spybot S&D - registry entry

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by vickie, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vickie

vickie Registered Member

I believe that whenever i disable a Startup program or Service in Task Manager or msconfig.exe, SS&D shows this msg: "Spybot Search & Destroy has detected an important registry entry that has been changed. Category: Browser Helper Object Change: value added Entry: 53707 962-6F74 ..." etc. A box "Remember this decision" "?" ...and "Info" shows up. When I click on "info" the msg is: "no information found for this entry". I then click on OK and msg is: "resident denied change" . Also when I put a 'check' mark in "enable permanent blocking of bad addresses in Internet Explorer" it keeps unchecking the box. Then I click on "Immunize" and the msg "permanently running bad download blocker to Internet Explorer" displays - but when I go back to double check the "permanently block bad d/loads" is unchecked.
    Also this never happened b4 I reinstalled SS&D June 8/05. Note: The msg. boxes "remember this decision" and "?" does not show the names of the entries - I cannot expand the boxes to view the names so I just click on OK and "resident denied change" shows up each time again.
    How can I get past these problems in Spybot? Thanks for any help.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Vickie,

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate forum....instead of the Spywareblaster Forum.

IMHO you have a couple of choices....you can continue using the TeaTimer feature with malformed buttons....or disable TeaTimer until they put a program update out that fixes the TeaTimer.exe file. If you choose to keep the TeaTimer enabled....I suggest you take a look at the below thread with a few good suggestions of how best to still utilize TeaTimer.

This thread @ Official Spybot Forum---> Teatimer Blocking Confirmation Screen Is Bad

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.