Spybot S&D Probs

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Albinoni, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

I've deleted and re downloaded the latest version of Spybot S&D V1.5 onto my laptop and it seems to me this newer version is giving me more grief than the previous one. Now I'm not sure if Comodo FW is interfering with it or as a rule it's just basically slow.

First off when I click on the desktop icon to open/run S&D it takes about 2 miins before it finally opens. Secondly it's seems to be very slow like something in the background is slowing it down. has anyone here experience this problem with the latest version ?

Also does Comodo FW and S&D clash ?

If worse comes to worse can someone here pls reccomend me another software I can use which is similar to Spybot and just as good, if not better.

Thanks

2. skunkboy69

skunkboy69 Registered Member

Theres a patch to remedy this on the official website

3. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Ok but I would of thought that patch would of been in the download when I downloaded the software or is it seperate ?

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

5. SamSpade

SamSpade Registered Member

I downloaded a newer version of Spybot S&D about two weeks ago, and I concur that it loads v-e-r-r-r-r-r-y slowly. This is version 1.5.1.15 with detection rules dated 2007.10.17.

Don't what is causing the slow loading. Maybe it's an old engine with too much data to compile for functioning properly (??). If anyone knows for sure, I'd like to know.

//

6. ralphn

ralphn Registered Member

7. ralphn

ralphn Registered Member

8. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Have you tried SUPERAntiSpyware free?
    And immunization could be covered by SpyWare Blaster(if you don't have that already).

9. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

The info and zipped file linked to by ralphn worked for me, too. Read the Spybot forum posts about installation of same to install it. Quite effective.

Superantispyware is good, free version available, others I use include A2, AVG AS (15day trial then reverts to demand scanner; good to reconfigure at that time) and SpywareTerminator (free realtime.)

10. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

...that infos in the 'forum.spybot' & the accompanying zipped file links SOLVED the timeLag problem on v1.5.1.15! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.