Spybot S&D hanging

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by RonaldCS, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonaldCS

RonaldCS Registered Member

I have Spybot S&D 1.3 and its scans are getting slower and slower. It hangs at more or less the same spots every time.

I believe this problem has been covered before but can't find the reference and I'd be glad of any suggestions.

Ronald

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Ronald,

Have you noticed it hanging on any particular item....Xabot for example ?

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I don't know if this is related to your problem or not but after I installed sp2 the first time I ran SB s/d it hung and the second and third time so I uninstalled it and reinstalled and now it is running better than ever.

4. RonaldCS

RonaldCS Registered Member

Thank you both. As I might have expected the scan today was far quicker than it has been for some time. There are particular points at which if usually hangs, one in particular, and it swept past that one like lightning! The only thing I have done since yesterday was uninstall/reinstall Zone Alarm which had been misbehaving but that should not have had any effect on Spybot.

"If it ain't bust, don't fix it". I'll leave things as they are for now but will try your suggestions if I have any more trouble and report back.

Thanks again

Ronald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.