SpyBot S&D de-selecting options!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Line, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Line

Line Registered Member

Before posting HijackThis log on BFC COMPUTER HELP as advised, I have a long list of task to carry out and I got stuck on this one which sounds very simply but I can't find it anywhere!!

Under task for SpyBot S&D I need to:
    De-select protection for Opera Browser Immunity (if Opera browser is installed).

Thank you.

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I think they mean under immunize, untick the box under permanent Opera immunity.

3. Line

Line Registered Member

Where is that?
    I have clicked on IMMUNIZE and I can see anything about OPERA BROWSER!
    OK maybe I should find out if I have OPERA BROWSER - Don't know how!
    I did a search on my C: and a few files came up about Opera including in SpyBot which is why I am presuming I have it.

Thank you if you could be more specific.

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Control Panel- Add-Remove Programs- see here if Opera is installed. If it isn't, you don't need to do anything, i think.
    Once you sort this thing out (HijackThis...), really install Opera, or Firefox. Dump IE:thumb:

5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Of course, i should say this, by dump i mean don't use it, not uninstall. Only use IE when it's the only choice, like MS updates. You'll need IE for this.

6. Line

Line Registered Member

OK got you! A few more questions if I may.

I do not have Opera install under add and remove programs so why is it when I do a search on the C: drive OPERAPLUGINS comes up in the following:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT\INCLUDES... Spyware supplemental files)?
    And also in C:\I386\IIS6 (HTML Documen)?

I do have Firefox install on my laptops as well as IE7. Once all this is sorted out I will stop using IE7 and start using Firefox regularly.

Thanks! :)

7. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I can only guess here. Opera shows on the SSD folder because there's a protection function available for Opera in Spybot.
    The C:\I386 folder is related to Windows OEM i think. It contains Windows files for repair, rebuilding the OS,... I'm over my head here:p You can find that same folder in your Windows CD.

Suffice to say that, given the instructions on the site, you don't have Opera installed, so no problem.:thumb:

8. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Another thing: i don't know that forum. Maybe someone alse can fill in the gaps and say if BFC COMPUTER HELP is ok. Probably is, but since i don't know that one, i have to say this. Also, i'm no expert here.
    Cheers

9. Line

Line Registered Member

COOL!! I am going to take the risk and forget about this part and carry on with my tasks!!

Thank you so much for your help and time!!

10. Line

Line Registered Member

Well a member from this forum directed me there so I suppose BFC are ok!
    Thanks again for your help!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.