SPYBOT S&D 1.3 versus or with SpywareGuard

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by tuatara, May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

It seems to me that, the new SPYBOT S&D 1.3 features that were NOT in 1.2 (teatimer etc.), are doing completely the same thing then SpywareGuard does.

Is that really so?? or is there a small overlap, and if there is what are the
    differences?

Has it any use, to run the both (resident) ?

Or is it better to choose one of those two?

Please don't be offended, this is a question not a statement, a really don't know!

Tuatara

2. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I am still trying to make my mind up about TT with SpywareGuard. At present I ahve disabled TT as I suspected some sort of conflict with my other software. The one thing I can tell you is that if you try to change your homepage SpywareGuard is the first to warn you; after that TT comes out and you need to answer another set of questions.

I know there are other features with TT which may well be useful to have but I also found it warned me when an ad was blocked with my other software which could slow things up a little. I may try it as resident again now that I have cleared up a few conflicts and see what happens now.

3. Technical

Technical Registered Member

I do not found any incompatibility (ZoneAlarm, avast! Pro antivirus, Ad-aware, SpyBot and SpywareBlaster...)

Maybe, but I found nothing. Running smoothly at 1Gb RAM.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The two programs compliment each other, they both have their strong points and work well togather.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.