Spybot RootAlyser

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Kas, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kas

Kas Registered Member

This episode of trauma was initiated by Spybot taking 3.1/2 minutes to load on my PC. All other programs load in seconds. Spybot said it was most likely a rogue Rootkit causing the problem after my uninstalling and re-installing Spybot with no improvement.

I tried their RootAlyser and it run OK, but my system was fragmented to hell as a result. RootAlyser is still under development, but Spybot advised me to use it. Spybot provide a wonderful customer service beyond criticism.

My output was certified as clean by Spybot, yet I was left with a system that was fragmented beyond all reason.

I had a huge Memory dump which only after using Unlocker Assistent was I able to delete and a defrag job that took me ages to recover using the Piriform Defraggler.
    It was very worrying and I was surprised that after defragging the whole incredible mess that it came back to normal. PHEW ! That was close.

I will never use a Rootkit analyser again if this is the result.

1) Is there a Rootkit Anyliser that simply does it`s job in finding intrusive Rootkits without converting my PC into a pile of rubbish ?

2) I use freebies with outstanding success. The customer support is immaculate and I have had no problems. Why pay when these companies provide an excellent service to customers for free ?

The loading time problem with Spybot on my machine has never been solved to-date. I just grow older and more mature waiting for it to load. It is extremely relaxing.
    KAS

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  2. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

o_O I fail to see why rootkit detector would cause file fragmentation in HDD.

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I have run RootAlyzer twice with no fragmentations.

For your question #1 there are a lot of free rootkit scanners that you could use.
    Rootkit Revealer and Gmer are fairly well known.

There's a list in the link.

http://www.antirootkit.com/software/index.htm

4. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Kas, I know Spybot, and RootAlyzer. And your problem of defragment.

* Spybot was started very long , also in my computer, it was long ago. I deleted Spybot, and I am alive and happy without him.

* RootAlyzer is very good; but it is simple antirootkit. Download GMER, KX-Ray, Radix Antirootkit from usec.at, SysProt Antirootkit ... Root Repeal ...

* You have defragmented in Normal Mode- and you have your problem.
    Always defragment in Safe Mode, please.
    Now do the defrag in Safe Mode, and your problems will be solved.

I swear!:thumb:

PROROOTECT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.