Spybot find in my registry

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by Peaches4U, Dec 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

During a spybot scan, no bots were found. I also have RegProt. installed. However, here is a Spybot detailed report which I feel is of concern... expert advice will be appreciated. How do I go about fixing all of this?? o_O

1. Win.Registry: msjro.chm [missing helpfile - C:\program Files\Common Files\System\Ado\ [2003-11-24 Includes\Hijackers.sbi]

2. Win.Registry: jetsq/40.chm [missing helpfile - C:\Program Files\Miocrosoft Office\Office\1033\ [2003-11-24 includes\Spybots.sbi]. I do not use Microsoft Office but have have the Microsoft Works Suite. I did have an email around the dates indicated with a Microsoft Office attachment that was unreadable]. It came from someone I believed had a clean computer & quite fussy - they do use Microsoft Office. I had no AV alerts and my scans indicated "No Viruses Found' - all updates are in place.

3. Win Reg. jetde/40.chm [missing help file - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033.[includes\Tracks.uti]

4. Win Registry: dao360.chm [missing helpfile - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\ [includes\Malware.sbi]

5. Win Reg. artgalry.chm [missing helpfile - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\ [includes\Security.sbi]

6. Win Reg. install.exe -wrong app. path. [Includes\Trojans.sbi]

7. Win Reg. setup.exe - wrong app. path [Includes\Cookies.sbi]

8. Win Reg. winnt32.exe [wrong app. path [includes\Dialer.sb i]

9. Win Reg. table30.exe [wrong path [includes\Temporary.sbi]

10. Win Reg. MsoHtmEd.exe - wrong app. path [includes\Keyloggers.sbi]

11. Win Reg. ERS2000.exe - wrong app. path [Includes\QA Tests.sbi]

12. Win Reg. Enc2000.exe - wrong app. path [Includes\plugin-ignore.ini]

Should I just have Spybot delete all this stuff or is there more I should doo_O?? Thanks.

2. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

:D After hours of hair pulling, I think I found out how to fix this problem in my registry. I am posting this in the event anyone else encounters the same situation & if I am wrong, to please point me in the right direction. :).

HKEY-LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\HTMl Help
    I have to have a registry value named ADO210chm and the value data of it & point to the path which is listed. Then I have to Double click it, and copy & paste C:\Program Files\Common Files]System\ADO\ as Value data. I checked and mine was set at Default ... how that happened, beats me or if it worked in Default previously, why is it suddently not??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.