SPYBOT does not update

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bodhisattva, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodhisattva

bodhisattva Registered Member

When I try to update SpyBot it tells me there are no updates. But I know there are because I have a friend who notifies me every time there is an update available.

Is it possible that SpywareBlaster is blocking updates?

Thanks.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

No, SWB won't block Spybot updates. Have you tried setting Spybot to use a different update server?

3. Hans 01

Hans 01 Registered Member

I had the same problem. Spybot didn't provide updates because they had gone to a new version (for which they provide updates).
    Check that your version is the latest one available. Mine is 1.3, but I don't know if that's the latest one.
    / H

4. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

...along those lines, i had the same problem when i was using the old 1.2 beta version. The alpha version worked fine.

now i use the 1.31 beta version. Hey, if it doesn't work I will reinstall the 1.3 alpha version. you may want to try a reinstall if you have not.

-HandsOff

5. bodhisattva

bodhisattva Registered Member

My version is 1.2. That explains it. Thanks everyone. :)

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Let us know how the upgrade to 1.3 goes - and if there are any further questions/issues!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.