spyblaster log

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jiiim, Jul 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiiim

jiiim Registered Member

when i look to see how many sites have been stopped on the log it says none..spyblaster has been installed for a few days and this doesnt seem right....

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi jiiim,

What log file are you looking at exactly and are you talking about Javacool's SpywareBlaster, or someone else's "Spyblaster" product?

SpywareBlaster has no log file because all of its protections are passive, so there is no way to know what it has blocked. Further, SpywareBlaster doesn't run in the background. It works along the lines of a program you run once a week to check for and apply new protection updates, then you exit it until the following week.

3. jiiim

jiiim Registered Member

log is the wrong term scuse me what im talkin about is the status page an "overveiw of spywareblasters protection status" right next to "internet explorer is enabled" and "restricted sites are enabled " both of those say 0 items have protection disabled...although my system is staying clean of spyware shouldnt i be getting some numbers o_O..thanks alot preciate it ,jim

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Nope - it would only show something "disabled" if you told SpywareBlaster not to protect against that particular item. This is not how many nasties have been disabled, but a list of disabled protection for those nasties. In other words, if you used a particular website that was blocked by SpywareBlaster, so you told SpywareBlaster to "ignore" that site, it would show up as "one protection item disabled."

5. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

This is how SB should look. Numbers other than zero would be a problem.

Attached Files:

6. jiiim

jiiim Registered Member

detox..dangitall Thanks alot guys ..now i get it ,you guys have a good one,i really preciate,jim

7. binky2

binky2 Guest

Has anyone had any problems with spyblaster preventing fax sends? On to of my machines the faxes quit working after I installed spyblaster on July 3. Anyone out there had the same problem?
    binky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.