Spyblaster keeps being rest by XXX toolbar.com

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by fortemac, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fortemac

fortemac Registered Member

Spyblaster keeps being reset by XXX toolbar.com. I go in to check the settings, and the checkmark has been unchecked in the restricted sites. I enable everything, go back and look, and it has been unchecked again. I also have CWS.GoogleMS.3 on my computer in my registry. Is this part of the same problem, or a different one? I've tried getting rid of it with Adaware, HiJack This, SpotBot, Pest Patrol, Win Bot, and Spy Sweeper. Everything is updated. My Norton or Zone Alarm firewall cannot even find this. Can anyone help, please?
    fortemac

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

3. MCT

MCT Registered Member

pestpatrol has released version 5 , it has fixed the xxxtoolbar issue, i downloaded the corp. eval 2 see, but for what i seen it was fixed
    then i uninstalled it :p lol

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Thank you MCT, that's good to know. ;)

Regards,

snap

5. JForge

JForge Registered Member

6. fortemac

fortemac Registered Member

Thanks, I read about the false positive after I posted this. I hope that's what it is. I downloaded an update. We'll see if it unchecks the xxx toolbar very shortly. Thanks,
    fortemac

7. MCT

MCT Registered Member

u have 2 manually download v5, i believe, u cant do it threw pestpatrol

HTH :D

8. Silvergren

Silvergren Registered Member

I am having the same problem. But, this is how I came to find out about it.

Most every time I run ​
    "Aluria's Spyware Eliminator - Registered Version", it finds the following:

all are "Found" in: Registry(Key)

item name teensguru.com
    item name xxxtoolbar.com
    item name offshoreclicks.com

all item names have the same web address: "http://www.2020search.com/"

located in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\

Description: This is a Browser Helper Object that installs ShopNav and creates pop-ups.

I have all items with enabled protection in both the IE, and restricted sites. Yet, after I run Aluria's Spyware program, I open up "SpywareBlaster" and those 3 items have been unchecked in the "Restricted Zone"
    Currently operating system is Win XP, with all updates. I have Norton Anti-virus, Ad-aware 6 professional, Spybot - S&D, Browser Hijack Blaster, SpyCop, Hijack This, CWShredder, iespyad, and BHODemon loaded. I run these programs usually every 2 days, (except iespyad, and BHODemon (forgot I had it))[​IMG]. No other program finds these 3, and the only one it seems to affect is SpywareBlaster 3.1.
    I was a tad bit curious if Aluria wasn't resetting SpywareBlaster... Why Aluria is the only one to find it, and why it is being disabled in SpywareBlaster... hmmm any thoughts?
    Other than that, I've had no problems with SpywareBlaster 3.1, and love what it does for my computer... and me...
    P.S. if this helps at all, I can't view the Microsoft help library unless I change the "Internet Options" in IE from high restrictions to low restrictions, and allow for 2nd party cookies. It seems to attache itself when ever I visit their help forum... their help library... and some of their (Microsoft)other sites. At times I don't go anywhere but their help areas.. and I find it on my system.
    [​IMG]Silvergren

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.