SpyBlaster gave me SpyWare [Solved - F/P]

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pissed off!, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pissed off!

pissed off! Guest

I downloaded SpyBlaster yesterday,I've always been afraid of freeware for this reason!I did a scan using CounterSpy before install as well as SpySweeper,nothing found.After install of SpyBlaster, CounterSpy says "Force 1.59" (backdoor) and "007 Keylogger Spy 3.75 Surveillance" found.Did research and found it using a activex control called" Msinet.oxc".Checked properties of Msinet.oxc and was created at the same time SpyBlaster says it was created.I downloaded SpyBlaster from Javacools site,actually told me to go to primary site which was C/NET's site.Thought it was safe!So CounterSpy deleted the spyware entries and everything was cool until i turn my computer on today to find the same exact spywares there again.Deleted again.If thats Javacools M.O. to install Spyware than they can shove that donation up their RAM.I will be removing program if i can't be offered any help.If it was a bug they new about they could have at least posted warnings.

2. dog

dog Guest

Re: SpyBlaster gave me SpyWare

Spyware Blaster doesn't install any spyware. ;)

Could please provide us all the details CounterSpy gives for thses detections?

Steve

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I don't know where you got the malware but you didn't get it from javacools products. He is completely trustworthy. I think you need to keep looking as to where you got infected. In case it is a false positive on your counterspy's part you might want to scan it with some other scanner.

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hey Welcome to wilders!

SpywareBlaster is a great program and does not install anything bad I assure you.

the msinet.ocx file is Microsoft Internet Transfer Control. SpywareBlaster uses this built-in control to access the update server to download the latest definitions. It is safe and needs to be there. If you are 100% certain that you have a baddie on your system, I recommend doing a scan with Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D.

Once again, SpywareBlaster is completely safe. :)

5. dog

dog Guest

Just to provide a link to the information Capp has provided, see this Microsoft Knowledge Base Article Here's also a trouble-shooting reference for that file and you can see the source. -> HERE<-

With that said there are some references to malware also using/exploiting this file as an example: Trojan / Angelfre-d

You may also like to zip and submit that file to CounterSpy for further analysis.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2005
  6. pissed off

pissed off Guest

Force 1.59(backdoor)Hkey_local_machine_\software\classes\interface.Also includes numerical values. 007 Keylogger Spy3.7 Surveillance.Hkey_local_machine\software\classes\CLSID,numerical values/InprocServer32.And c:\windows\system\msinet.ocx.Total of 33 entries.My SpySweeper 4 didn't pick it up . Remember i scanned before install.I'm not that stupid.

7. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Nobody thinks you're stupid. Take a deep breath and we'll help you get this resolved. :D
    We assure you that SpywareBlaster did not install anything malicious on your computer. ;)

Have you tried to scan with Ad-Aware or Spybot S&D yet to see if it finds anything?

When spywareblaster is installed, it checks for the msinet.ocx control to make sure it is a current version. As a programmer myself, I have used the msinet.ocx control and it is necessary to have on your system

8. dog

dog Guest

Here's a thread regarding this issue @ DLSR - http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14195267 (apparently if you update to the latest DB this issue maybe resolved see the last post ... update your def's and rescan) ;)

And also here's Sunbelts definition of this backdoor - http://research.sunbelt-software.com/threat_display.cfm?name=Force 1.59&threatid=40914

Do you have any of the processes listed running?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2005
  9. pissed off

pissed off Guest

Keep in mind im only using it for the firefox protection.I.E. protection is turned off.

10. pissed off

pissed off Guest

I apologize to anyone i offended SpyBlaster did not give me Spyware.I am not worthy of owning such a great program.I will donate again.Thanks to all for helping a stupid.

11. Capp

Capp Registered Member

That's fine :)

Try a scan with either of the two products I linked above and let us know if they find anything. It's always good to scan with more than 1 product if you are repeatedly getting a baddie.

12. Capp

Capp Registered Member

We're always glad to help. I hope you got your answer and the problem solved.

Please feel free to return if you should happen to stumble across any more problems :)

13. dog

dog Guest

NP, I'm glad we could help. :)

Did you update CS and rescan? and then found it to be resolved?

Steve

14. pissed off

pissed off Guest

I gotta reboot to see if it works i'll be back.

15. Spyblaster does not give you Spyware

I ran a new scan with the new defs.Rebooted just to be sure and no keylogger or force backdoor.

16. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Re: Spyblaster does not give you Spyware

Glad to hear you have it corrected :)

17. dog

dog Guest

Good Stuff :) I'm glad it's all worked out.

BTW: I'll merge this with the your on going thread and edit the title to reflect the status ... I'll add [Solved F/P] F/P = False Positive. ;)

18. Re: Spyblaster does not give you Spyware

Do you recommend using the I.E. protection even though i mainly use firefox.Spy Sweeper has tracking cooking removal for I.E.Any conflicts?I use SpySweeper as active monitoring.

19. dog

dog Guest

I don't use either program, so I can't really make a recommendation, but generally it's better to run only one program resident - as there may be issue/conflicts with running them both. I'd try each one out and keep the one you prefer active. You can also start a new thread in the privacy & other anti-malware software forum, and get the opinions of other users, regarding which is better to run resident, are there any conflicts etc?

20. toploader

toploader Registered Member

nice going Dog - i'm glad you resolved this cos i'm running spywareblaster too :D

once again it shows how fallible even the top rated scanners can be - i'm wondering how many false positives i got from using some of the trial version scanners too. i'm hoping that perfect keylogger found by spyware eliminator is a false positive and Ibis toolbar found by Xoftspy is too. Ad-aware, spybot and a free webroot and spyware doctor search didn't find them. though spyware doctor said it found sahagent. who knows who to trust :D

21. dog

dog Guest

Hi Toploader, ;)

Yes if you ever have a question about something found by a scanner, it's always best to enquire, as someone will help to provide an answer, especially if other scanners don't pickup the nasty. (The scanners don't all have the same databases, but they will have many of the same items in their respective DBs)

Regards;

Steve

22. Thank you Dog and Capp and anybody else who helped.

23. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Way to go Dog! :p

24. dog

dog Guest

& Capp :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.