SpyBlaster error msg: cannot initialize

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by downunders, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downunders

downunders Registered Member

I have home XP. First time I got an update of the new SpyBlaster version 2.6, it worked fine.

Now I cannot get it to load. I get a box that says it "cannot initialize" and the code 0.c0000006. I also get the audio that sounds like a huge mistake is being made, that "ta-dUM" windows warning sound.

I have uninstalled and re-installed several times with boots in between. I have added the "missing files" listed on the main download page (I think; still get the same error msg).

I have deleted the 4 files recommended elsewhere (the ones with the dtb(?) suffixes) and attempted to get it up so that I could do the alternative download to get correct files. But still same error msg.

Nothing seems to work. Can anyone help?

2. downunders

When I try to run Spyblaster, I get a box that says it "cannot initialize" and the code 0.c0000006.

Please help!!!!

downunders, trying to be more succinct

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I have never heard of that error before. :doubt:

I'll see what I can find. You did say you tried to download both missing files on the SpywareBlaster download page - would you mind trying to run those installers one more time? (One for MSVBVM60.dll and one for MSCOMCTL.ocx).

Thanks! :)

-Javacool

4. downunders

Thx. Just did as you asked. The MSCOMCTL installed just fine.

The other one didn't. Here is the error msg I got:
    "INF Install failure. Reason: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an applilcation request."

downunders

5. downunders

After re-install of 3.0, cannot download DLL file

I started all over.

I have just uninstalled SpywareBlaster entirely. I re-booted. Then I installed the new version, 3.0. When I ran it, got the error about the DLL file missing. Error Msg this time: "Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "MSVBVM60.DLL", error999"

When I try to install this missing DLL file, I get "INF Install failure. Reason: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an applilcation request."

For good measure I also added the other missing file (from the trouble-shooting page), re-booted, then double-clicked on the Spyblaster icon - and still get same error msg about missing DLL file, error 999 etc.

Please. Anybody?

downunders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.