SpyBlaster error msg: cannot initialize

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by downunders, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downunders

downunders Registered Member

I have home XP. First time I got an update of the new SpyBlaster version 2.6, it worked fine.

Now I cannot get it to load. I get a box that says it "cannot initialize" and the code 0.c0000006. I also get the audio that sounds like a huge mistake is being made, that "ta-dUM" windows warning sound.

I have uninstalled and re-installed several times with boots in between. I have added the "missing files" listed on the main download page (I think; still get the same error msg).

I have deleted the 4 files recommended elsewhere (the ones with the dtb(?) suffixes) and attempted to get it up so that I could do the alternative download to get correct files. But still same error msg.

Nothing seems to work. Can anyone help?

2. downunders

When I try to run Spyblaster, I get a box that says it "cannot initialize" and the code 0.c0000006.

Please help!!!!

downunders, trying to be more succinct

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I have never heard of that error before. :doubt:

I'll see what I can find. You did say you tried to download both missing files on the SpywareBlaster download page - would you mind trying to run those installers one more time? (One for MSVBVM60.dll and one for MSCOMCTL.ocx).

Thanks! :)

-Javacool

4. downunders

Thx. Just did as you asked. The MSCOMCTL installed just fine.

The other one didn't. Here is the error msg I got:
    "INF Install failure. Reason: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an applilcation request."

downunders

5. downunders

After re-install of 3.0, cannot download DLL file

I started all over.

I have just uninstalled SpywareBlaster entirely. I re-booted. Then I installed the new version, 3.0. When I ran it, got the error about the DLL file missing. Error Msg this time: "Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "MSVBVM60.DLL", error999"

When I try to install this missing DLL file, I get "INF Install failure. Reason: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an applilcation request."

For good measure I also added the other missing file (from the trouble-shooting page), re-booted, then double-clicked on the Spyblaster icon - and still get same error msg about missing DLL file, error 999 etc.

Please. Anybody?

downunders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.