spyblaster changing my security

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by DUSTER, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DUSTER

DUSTER Registered Member

Re: Where in the Worldo_O?

:oops: new here can't post or find where to post//having trouble with spyblaster changing my security:eek:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Your post is in the correct forum now DUSTER.

3. DUSTER

DUSTER Registered Member

spyblaster really doesn't work

:rolleyes: spyblaster does not remove or prevent cookies or other junk like they say//why??
    I have ad-aware 2007 / webroot spysweeper / that states that spyblaster changed my security and i checked it [did to custom] .my security was on default where it suppose to beo_O]..also nothing is being blocked or deleted by spyblaster-the same cookies as always are still getting threw//why?
    I AM DELETEING SPYBLASTER-ITS A PAIN AND I SEE WHERE IT DOES NOTHING--NEED FEED BACK.o_O :thumbd:

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Re: spyblaster really doesn't work

Hi,

The first recommended step would be to post a scan/result log from Ad-Aware and/or SpySweeper, so we can determine whether or not what you're seeing are false positive detections. :)

In regard to changing your security: are you referring to the security of a particular zone in Internet Explorer, such as the Restricted Sites zone? (If so, I should mention that SpywareBlaster actually tightens the security in that zone *more* than the default Internet Explorer settings do, which is why it might show as "Custom settings" in the Internet Options > Security tab.)

Finally, we're more than happy to add additional cookies (if warranted) to SpywareBlaster's protection - if you could post a scan log from the programs you mentioned, we'd be more than happy to investigate the results.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

5. Doctor_Who

Doctor_Who Registered Member

It's been my experience that many people just don't understand how SpywareBlaster (not Spyblaster) works.

In the first place, It's not one of those Search & Destroy programs. Nor does it run a TSR on your computer, churning away in the background and taking up RAM and CPU time.

It's "Passive" in that it adds a new layer of protection to your browser(s) and then ends.

The search and destroy programs that actually scan your HD for malware and cookies are programs like "AdAware" and "Spybot Search & Destroy". But again, they only run and do their thing when you RUN them.

You can tell your browsers to "NOT Allow" cookies, but then you won't be able to visit most of the sites on the internet. So if you find cookies objectionable, run a cleaning program like "Easy Cleaner" that will remove them (all).

I just searched the locations where my browsers store their cookies on my HD and added those locations to my daily cleanup batch file. So every day, when I boot my computer, the batch file runs from my "Startup" folder and all my cookies, history, temp files, temporary internet files, caches, quarantine folders and other associated crapola is quickly and efficiently DELETED.

Keeping any computer clean of junk doesn't just happen by accident. You have to roll up your sleeves and work at it a bit.:shifty:

Cheers!
    The Doctor :cool:

6. LittleNell

LittleNell Registered Member

I noticed SpywareBlaster had actually "hardened" my restricted zone in IE7 (I was quite happy about that, a nice bonus!) Some of the "Prompt" features had been changed to disabled.

Yes you do have to keep an eye on things, I installed an IE7 addon which contained a blocklist in the browser help, when I uninstalled it, it had removed / unchecked some of the what should be blocked sites in SpywareBlaster. Easily sorted by enabling all again, but if I had not have checked I would have never known! Just saying we still have to keep vigilant, I agree. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.