Spyblaster 3.2 and mozilla 1.7

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by simpof, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simpof

simpof Registered Member

Hi
    I upgrade SB to 3.2 version, but SB still not recognized Mozilla 1.7. I have uninstall SB 3.1 before installing SB 3.2 for a clean installation.
    In the forum I see that people still have the same problem with firefox 0.9.
    So, my question to the people of Javacool: Is SB 3.2 suppose to recognise Mozilla 1.7. If yes, what could be the problem.
    Thanks o_O

2. simpof

simpof Registered Member

Hi
    It is Simpof again
    When I go into «Tools»/ «Browser pages» in the box «Mozilla browser pages» There the following text:
    Engine;//C%3A%5Cprogram%20files%5cmozilla.org...etc default
    Http://www.toile,qc.ca/ default
    Is it meam that SB 3.2 recognised Mozilla 1.7

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

SpywareBlaster is indeed supposed to detect Mozilla 1.7.

One possible cause could be an extremely large registry.dat file - have you ever used Netscape 7.x?

To check this, search your computer for "registry.dat" - there should be one under an "Application Data" folder in your user profile. Then, check how large it is - if it's several MB you may have that particular problem.

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. simpof

simpof Registered Member

Thanks for the answer
    I never had netscape. I check for «registry.dat» in application data/mozilla and I found a file of 2ko. When I make a search in Windows there no f«registry.dat» file found. So I think that's not the problem.
    In my second post I said that in «tools/browser pages» SB seems to recognise Moz. Is that true. There is two kinds of message.

5. SirVomit

SirVomit Registered Member

Hi all.

I have the same problem with detecting mozilla 1.7.

My registry.dat is also only 2kb.

6. ray32

ray32 Registered Member

HEY GUYS - same problem here - 3.2 won't detect mozilla 1.7 or 1.8a

uninstalled and reverted to SB3.1 and it detected it fine. Never had Netscape--
    small DAT file also..... o_O Mozilla is registered as my default browser too.

7. SirVomit

SirVomit Registered Member

yes, but SB 3.1 didn´t detect my Mozilla 1.7, too.

How do I manually edit the cookie file of Mozilla ? I don´t mean using the option tab and add every cookie server in a single way. I want to "copy and paste" the adware cookie list in the Mozilla file. Is this possible ?

8. burrism

burrism Registered Member

Have the same problem and my reg.dat is also only 2Kb

9. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Using Mozilla 1.7 and SB 3.2
    When changing to 3.2 I unprotect everything in 3.1, then uninstalled.
    Downloaded 3.2, installed, updated and protect everything.
    Think there is no prob here:

Attached Files:

10. simpof

simpof Registered Member

Hi Girardwill
    I have done what you have write. I unprotect everything in 3.2, then uninstalled SB 3.2, used a registry tools and I delete all obsolete file or broken link related to SB, reinstalled 3.2, update (it was already updated) and protect everything.
    Still don't recognised Mozilla 1.7. I

11. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

How do you know that it is detecting and protecting both Firefox and Mozilla? They are lumped together. I have Firefox 0.9 so it should be protected. But what about Mozilla 1.6?

12. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Mele...

I *presume* because of same application data files.

see pic.

Maybe wrong, but check your Application Data folders see if you have separate listings. I only have FF.

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

13. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I have separate listings for profiles for Firefox and Mozilla. Of course, FF 0.9 has stuck its profile in the Mozilla folder instead of being in the Phoenix folder as was in earlier versions. I read a thread at Mozillazine about two weeks ago saying putting the FF profile into the Mozilla folder is going to cause big problems with Mozilla. I can't recall the details and I can't find the thread.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2004
  14. lymedis

lymedis Registered Member

I had the same problem installed uninstalled the answer for me was the Moz dat file so I backed it up and then deleted it then the next time I ran Blaster
    it found Mozilla and politly asked if I wished to enable protection. When you delete the dat you just lose some minor stuff but it's a small price to pay for security. And takes very little time to get back to where you were. My file was 2.7Meg way too big anyway had stuff going back to my first Mozilla install that's about 2 years maybe more. So if your willing to lose a little this seems to be the way Mozilla will make a new dat file 2K in size didn't affect my preferances all in all very painless. thanks for the heads up guys.

15. simpof

simpof Registered Member

Hi Limedis
    Have tried your procedure...still don't recognised. May be people from Javacool have a solution....!!!!!!!

16. berk

berk Registered Member

1. Unprotect everything.
    2. Uninstall Spyware Blaster 3.1.0
    3. Uninstall Mozilla from Windows\Application Data
    4. Reboot
    5. Install 3.2.0 but not in Windows Program Files
    6. Before running program check to see if the program WAS installed in Windows Program Files as well as in your chosen location. If it was, delete it.
    7. You should now have FireFox in your chosen location.
    8. The install will have re-created the Mozilla entry in Windows\Application Data. A subfolder of that entry will be FireFox.
    9. Now run Spyware Blaster. When first run the protection will still not be set for Firefox. Set it manually.
    10. Things should work now......... BTW, the cache will no longer show up in Phoenix (in Windows\Application Data) but in the subfolder FireFox in the Mozilla entry.
    Hope this is useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.