Spy Sweeper

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mllopes, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mllopes

mllopes Registered Member

Hi
    I have installed the latest version of spy sweeper but when i see the processes running i no longer see ssu.exe, can only see spysweeper.exe and spysweeperUI.exe.
    The program is running fine and it says all recommended shields are on, even the new email shield is running and doing is job (i think) no need to click on ZAPro and put all green(only internet acess not server acess) however had to put host/site for email, so it seems is running ok but i am afraid thats not right, unsureo_O

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

wow all reccomended shields on and no bsod yet?
    that must be a record.
    the first 5.2 spysweeper bsod on me when i closed IE7:D
    i might update to 5.5 tomorrow
    lodore

3. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hi Guys

I upgraded to 5.5.1.3354 yesterday. Since I removed ZA pro I have no conflicts with it. Comodo is uneffected because it is a pure FW and doesn't try to be an AV/ASW as well.

I turned off the SS email shield since BD 10 does that job for me and I don't really want to scan email twice! BD scans the in and the out mail with both the AV and the ASW signatures as does SS. The only difference is BD scans the message as well. I can't confirm that SS does that however obscure that risk may be. The AV in SS is weak compared to BD's so if you want to choose 1 email scanner pick the one with the best detection and clean up record.

In the SS help (see attached) they mention you may have to alter the email in/out ports they use as defaults to match your isp. On BD I will look into that point!

See you

Attached Files:

4. mllopes

I never have BSOD just once when upgraded my graphic card and forgot to conect a power cable in the graphic card and of course when tried to play online it gave me that BSOD, but have never had any BSOD.
    About my question is that i can not see ssu.exe in the processes running i know how to configure ZAPro about that email shield and is working flawless.
    I just dont know if spysweeper is protecting me this way without that process, thats all.

5. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

I loaded SS 5.5 yesterday. ssu.exe shows up as a running process in task manager - WinXP SP2.

6. mllopes

Strange now that process is running but sometime ago i am sure that it wasnt, and i verified twice, well may be its a process that start when is needed.
    I saw processes in task manager also.
    Another thing is that Spysweeper alert me when i tried to install live messenger(trojan) and i made the download from original site so must be a FP

7. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

I recently upgraded to 5.5.1.3354 from the 5.3.2.2361 version (which gave me no BSOD errors, although earlier 5.x versions did). The BSOD problem's been fixed for months.
    I've also never had ssu.exe running in processes, just SpySweeper.exe (3.3mb) and SpySweeperUI.exe (3.3mb) but I've only used the SS version without the AV on WinXP pro sp2.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

spysweeper has alot of FP's recently.
    during scans if you watch task manager or process explorer ssu.exe comes and goes.
    then comes back and goes again.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.