Spy Sweeper - Multiple User Instances

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by NewsyL, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsyL

NewsyL Registered Member

ver 5.2.3.1 build 2120

On a "WinXP Home" PC being shared by 2 adults (admin) and 2 kids (non-admin), each with their own account. I also have on this PC NOD32 and plain old Windows Firewall.

I have seen up to 4 icons of SpySweeper in the TaskBar and when I go into Task Manager I can see for each instance the user it is allocated to. Each one of these takes up a scad of memory ~ 40,000K.

Normal? Bad?

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Do you reboot between users? It's been my experience that if you don't, Spy Sweeper in its default setup runs more than one session (which it shouldn't.)

You could also try turning off SPS (which is supposed to keep Spy Sweeper from being shutdown.) Bring up the "Home" page of the SS interface. Hold down ctrl+alt and double click the Spy Sweeper logo at the top of the page. Then click the Turn SPS Off button. Reboot and see if things work any better. If not, rebooting between users may be the only way to have things run normally...

3. NewsyL

NewsyL Registered Member

No, I don't reboot between users. Each user has to logoff for the next to login. I have WinXP configured so it does NOT use quick switch between users.

Interesting that no other programs create multiple instances.

I'll try your tips and get back to you. Thanks!

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well kaspersky does uses multiple instances.
    it uses an extra avp.exe for the next user if you use fast user switching
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.