Spy Sweeper 3.5 Memory Leak

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by gunslinger-, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunslinger-

gunslinger- Guest

Hello I just purchased Spy Sweeper & have noticed it steadily increases its memory consumption using more memory than any other program on my CPU. Spy Sweeper is currently using 34,948K and rising, uptime only 2 hours.
    I noticed if I reboot and do not open spy sweeper it starts out at 25-26K, however if I open spy sweeper then check memory it falls down to about 9-10K but continues to climb rapidly.

I tried disabling all Shields but Spy Sweeper is still very hungry.

Any suggestions?

Using XP w/service pack 2 & patched up to date.
    Other security programs include:
    ZA, NAV & BoClean running resident.

Thanks

2. wings

wings Registered Member

I got the same problem like you. It's consuming 36MB right now on my machine.
    I think that's way too much! I've programmed quite a lot in the past so I know what's acceptable and 36mb is not, it's rediculous! Heck, my Photoshop uses 79 MB so why should anti-spyware use 36...
    Of course you'll have always people who tell you to buy more memory, I don't call that a solution, I call it "ignoring a problem".

Btw, this problem also occured with previous version... well, at least I think.

Still tryng to find an alternative for this program. A solution for the problem? I don't think there is one, at least I didn't find any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.