Spy Protector, Privacy Shield Snoopfree anti-keylogging protection and Spector Pro 5

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by richrf, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I am still trying to get a feel for anti-keyloggers. I tried out the 15 day trial version (www.snoopfree.com) and was impressed by its ability to easily monitor and report screen and keylogging activity. But without technical expertise in this area and without any independent reviews, I am reluctant to purchase the product. Not because of the money, it is only $20, but because I do not know what it is doing on my system and I do not like putting software on my system unless I know what it is doing. Another product that seems to be doing similar things is Spy Protector from Neuber Software (www.neuber.com). I am using the trial version of Security Task Manager, which I find interesting, but there doesn't seem to be a trial version of Spy Protector, so I have no way of evaluating it.

I just found a thread in the TDS-3 forum concerning Spector Pro 5. I was wondering whether anyone tried using Privacy Shield or Spy Protector to ferret out Spector Pro 5, and if so, what were the results.

Thanks for any additional info that anyone can supply on these products.

Rich

2. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Re: Spy Protector, Privacy Shield Snoopfree anti-keylogging protection and Spector Pr

Im interested in snoopfree also . Maybe luv2bsecure might give us a update on these findings .

3. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Re: Spy Protector, Privacy Shield Snoopfree anti-keylogging protection and Spector Pr

I use spector Pro to spy on my kids, and it does exactly what it claims to do.

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Slovak and Solar,

Hmmm Slovak,

Maybe your kids need to purchase Privacy Shield. :eek: Do they read these forums?

Yep, Solar, I'm hoping that someone else with some in-depth knowledge of these products can provide a reasonable verification of the suggested capabilities. It would be nice to have an anti-keylogger that just checks for these types of programs.

Rich

5. solarpowered candle

yes I found snoopfree interesting ( just in case my kids are spying on me lol )
    But seriously I did find it interesting how yahoo messenger tries to access my system by hooking my keyboard and monitoring all my keystrokes. I denied access and of course the messenger still works fine. I wonder just how many other programs take for granted there intrusion rights on our systems.

I would like to mention that their email support is good. I have sent 2 emails with questions and they have replied to both in good fashion.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
  6. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Solar,

Thanks for the feedback. Any feedback at this time is helpful in my decision process. If it is good software, I would like to support them. They also have plans for other software, similar to ProcessGuard, which seems interesting. A good security software engineer gets my support. Helps relieve my life of some pain and misery. :)

Rich

7. controler

controler Guest

Tried snoopfree and it tags my avast as a nasty and what I really don't like is the anoying 2 inch white flashing bar in the bottom right corner of my screen.
    I think Anti-Keylogger is better

Bruce

8. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback controler. Do you think that anti-logger provides all of the protection that Privacy Shield does? More?

Rich

9. solarpowered candle

I dont get that two inch white bar with mine. I have a small icon that i place in (hide my icons list) so its only vsable if i show the hidden icons > Wonder why avastgets pinged My Kav and etrust are fine

10. richrf

richrf Registered Member

I also get a small icon that sits in my tray so the interface is fine. TDS-3 got pinged but I just give it privileges.

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.