SPWB and Windows Vista

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pakoppan, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pakoppan

pakoppan Registered Member

Hello,

I installed Spywareblaster under Windows Vista.

It worked fine. After installing Spybot SPWB stopped working.

I reinstalled SPWB but it still doesn't work.

Anyone has any idea of what might be the problem?

Thanks

2. dcdc

dcdc Registered Member

I don't know what the problem might be, but given that SpywareBlaster and Spybot are both freebies, have you tried uninstalling Spybot to see what happens? Try uninstalling SB too, and then doing a fresh SB download. Also, how do you know SB was working OK initially?

Sometimes antispyware applications can conflict, and apparently in ways that are not entirely predictable. I have Spy Sweeper, and it wants to block SB updates. I always shut down SS when there is an update.

The other obvious solution may be that something else is going on, and it just appears that Spybot might be to blame.

You can also try posting on Safer's Spybot forum too, if you have not done so already. As I remember, you can query Safer directly as well, but it does take a while for a response.

Finally, I think Vista has some cool new System Restore options. Have you tried rolling back your system to before the Spybot download? I think it's always a good idea to set a System Restore point before downloading new software or making any other major changes to your system. Windows XP will set points automatically sometimes, but not necessarily when you want them made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.